Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

rethinking veil....AGAIN

FI and my dad both want me to wear a blusher, but i really dont want to! Its hot, I cant see, and I want my pretty hair to show. Are you wearing one? should I just give in to them or will they just have to get over it?

Re: rethinking veil....AGAIN

• Options
    I didn't want to wear a veil but FI really wanted me to wear one and a blusher as well. I refused to wear a blusher and since I didn't want to wear one decided to compromise. I am wearing a 2 tier, elbow length with rhinestones.
    I figure it's still somewhat what he wants and I was willing to give into him a little.
    And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans
  • Options
    I think I may wear a blusher.. but not a veil...

I think if it's sooo important to him.. maybe you can think about it.. but why does his dad have a say? just curious...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_rethinking-veilagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:d16805bd-1a68-4982-ac75-89be3f7da987Post:150517f8-c154-4de9-ab5f-dc2787adfd93">Re: rethinking veil....AGAIN</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I may wear a blusher.. but not a veil... I think if it's sooo important to him.. maybe you can think about it.. but why does his dad have a say? just curious...
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

he really doesnt, he just wants me to wear one. he did buy the dress and pay for the ceremony tho. ill try on the veils i have with the dress when i get home before i commit to another one. i have three, this is getting expensive lol!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_rethinking-veilagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:d16805bd-1a68-4982-ac75-89be3f7da987Post:b16027b5-afe8-4be0-adfa-a87d02040f63">Re: rethinking veil....AGAIN</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: rethinking veil....AGAIN : he really doesnt, he just wants me to wear one. he did buy the dress and pay for the ceremony tho. ill try on the veils i have with the dress when i get home before i commit to another one. i have three, this is getting expensive lol!
    Posted by gnc0988[/QUOTE]

FIRST THINGS FIRST............STOP BUYING VEILS...LOL....

definitely try them again and see what you think..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm wearing a small blusher. It's tiny and I got it from etsy. I hope this link will work https://www.etsy.com/transaction/111109709

and I also bought this flowers clip https://www.etsy.com/transaction/111111412
    to wear on the side that way I can take off my veil after I'm done with ceremony. :).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_rethinking-veilagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:d16805bd-1a68-4982-ac75-89be3f7da987Post:79c450e4-de62-446a-ab12-b53871c85539">Re: rethinking veil....AGAIN</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: rethinking veil....AGAIN : FIRST THINGS FIRST............STOP BUYING VEILS...LOL.... definitely try them again and see what you think..
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

Right!! oh i forgot the one i made, so i have four!! smh
  • Options
    STEP AWAY FROM THE VEILS!!!!! LOLSmile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not wearing one.  I felt ridiculous trying them on when I was dress shopping.  I did ask FI if he cared about whether or not I wore a veil o fany sort and lucked out when he said no.

Here's my thought though - do you have any say in your groom's attire?  If you do/did and he made an attire selection based on your input, you should return the consideration and just wear the veil.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_rethinking-veilagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:d16805bd-1a68-4982-ac75-89be3f7da987Post:ac070460-0605-43aa-94d6-d0a90d67d58f">Re: rethinking veil....AGAIN</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not wearing one.  I felt ridiculous trying them on when I was dress shopping.  I did ask FI if he cared about whether or not I wore a veil o fany sort and lucked out when he said no. Here's my thought though - do you have any say in your groom's attire?  If you do/did and he made an attire selection based on your input, you should return the consideration and just wear the veil.
    Posted by Vireyda[/QUOTE]

i didnt really care what he wore. he wanted to look like james bond so i told him to have at it lol
  • Options
    My FI tried getting me to wear a blusher with the netting (he thinks they are sexy) and I was heck no! I looked and felt ridicilous LOL I already had a problem with wearing a veil because I just don't think they are me but once I had my dress on and FI said I needed a veil, they put the two tier, fingertip rhinestone edge one on me and I was blingy and loved it and so did FI :) I also think you are overwhelming yourself with all the veils and causing yourself more confusion but at the same time, I wasn't a fan of veils either until I tried on the right one and maybe within all the ones you already have, you still haven't found that one yet :)
  • Options
    I ditched the veil, I'm wearing my hair down and there's really no where to put the comb. But really when are you ever going to be able to wear one again? Especially if important people want you to, I think you should consider it. Def try them on with the dress, and who knows, one of the ones you have might just click for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_rethinking-veilagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:d16805bd-1a68-4982-ac75-89be3f7da987Post:8f3d757b-e241-43ba-99d0-4a53e61ee93d">Re: rethinking veil....AGAIN</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI tried getting me to wear a blusher with the netting (he thinks they are sexy) and I was heck no! I looked and felt ridicilous LOL I already had a problem with wearing a veil because I just don't think they are me but once I had my dress on and FI said I needed a veil, they put the two tier, fingertip rhinestone edge one on me and I was blingy and loved it and so did FI :) I also think you are overwhelming yourself with all the veils and causing yourself more confusion but at the same time, I wasn't a fan of veils either until I tried on the right one and maybe within all the ones you already have, you still haven't found that one yet :)
    Posted by fablove[/QUOTE]

i found one i LOVE at davids bridal, but its $150!! and i cant justify spending that on a peice of tulle
  • Options
    I'm wearing a bird cage veil so it won't cover my hair and FI really likes it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I couldn't see paying that either and that's how much mine cost! But I also didn't want to spend as much money on my gown as I did seeing when am I going to wear this again?? But I wasn't happy settling for cheaper over what I really loved. I'm still thinking what I'm going to do with this veil after the wedding and actually thought I could use it to make pretty decorative bed pillows for our room LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards