Nevada-Las Vegas

Gifts for parents

I was wondering what everyone did for gifts to their parents.  We were thinking about taking each of our parents to dinner and a show for the week we are out there. But should we be giving them something more personal and something they can keep? Any opinions would be helpful!  What did you guys do?

Re: Gifts for parents

• Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing anything at the wedding specifically, but we are going to buy them their wedding albums since I think that would mean a lot to them.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • edited December 2011
    I was sort of stuck on what to buy my dad.  He works at the University here, so I ended up buying him prints of the football stadium and of the cathedral to hang in his office.  I also offered up my DH's services whenever he needed help with something!  He has been taking advantage of it!
  • edited December 2011
    I think we're going to do albums after the wedding.  Also paying for my mom and future mother in law to get hair and make up done before the wedding. 
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'd planned on getting them Cirque tickets, but none of them were in town long enough.  Mom got a gift certificate to her favorite hotel, Dad got a Southwest Airlines gift card, and FIL got a gift card to his favorite restaurant (which they used after they drove home, when they didn't feel like cooking).  They'll all be getting albums for Christmas.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't get our parents anything, but we didn't exchange gifts with one another either.
  • jawordenjaworden member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input...not sure yet what to do, something we will have to sleep on I suppose!
  • ndenbowndenbow member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we gave my dadd cufflinks that were custom made from an etsy.com vendor stamped "dadd" since that's how he signed the notes he left for my brother and i when we were little. For the mum's, i had bouquets made of clay and paper flowers, so i had the same lady make corsages for them that matched the bouquets. Since they were clay they will last forever and can be used as decoration. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards