Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

We're inviting The Obamas and Mickey Mouse!

Re: We're inviting The Obamas and Mickey Mouse!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hold on, let me go get your cookie.

lolol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ginamarie1985ginamarie1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did too :)
    "That's what you get for waking up in Vegas." ***My Wedding Bio!***
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't get it.  Am I missing something?
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey direy :-) we're sending invitations to Mickey and Obama and it's neat because you get a congratulations letter from Disney and The White House 
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_were-inviting-obamas-mickey-mouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ee4f7e91-ad2f-4ada-a5f6-c0af46ae4c33Post:a41abcde-5056-40ab-8f20-4806c8533aba">Re: We're inviting The Obamas and Mickey Mouse!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey direy :-) we're sending invitations to Mickey and Obama and it's neat because you get a congratulations letter from Disney and The White House 
    Posted by wiwicaty[/QUOTE]
    Ah, thank you for clearing that up!  That's a really cute idea! :)
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did too, but it really bugs me that when I tell a few people about it, they are like "eeeww I would hate if Obama went!"

Ummmm seriously?? He is the f*cking president of the entire country! I would love if he partied with us hahaha.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did you invite mickey??? We invited the obamas as well!   I'm not an Obama fan but I think their daughters and their dog Bo are adorable!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_were-inviting-obamas-mickey-mouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ee4f7e91-ad2f-4ada-a5f6-c0af46ae4c33Post:ff4a177a-daa4-4bde-98a0-cc3c9c69a47a">Re: We're inviting The Obamas and Mickey Mouse!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did too, but it really bugs me that when I tell a few people about it, they are like <strong>"eeeww I would hate if Obama went!"</strong> Ummmm seriously?? He is the f*cking president of the entire country! I would love if he partied with us hahaha.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

It's even more hilarious that they get riled up and think he'd actually go! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_were-inviting-obamas-mickey-mouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ee4f7e91-ad2f-4ada-a5f6-c0af46ae4c33Post:ff4a177a-daa4-4bde-98a0-cc3c9c69a47a">Re: We're inviting The Obamas and Mickey Mouse!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did too, but it really bugs me that when I tell a few people about it, they are like "eeeww I would hate if Obama went!" <strong>Ummmm seriously?? He is the f*cking president of the entire country! </strong>I would love if he partied with us hahaha.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>This is so funny! I'd love him to attend BTW :-)</div><div>
    </div><div>@aegrish - I didn't mail it to Mickey yet but the address is Disneyland in CA.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_were-inviting-obamas-mickey-mouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ee4f7e91-ad2f-4ada-a5f6-c0af46ae4c33Post:02f8e47f-13f2-4da7-8d62-9f96a1190da0">Re: We're inviting The Obamas and Mickey Mouse!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're inviting The Obamas and Mickey Mouse! : It's even more hilarious that they get riled up and think he'd actually go! lol
    Posted by MVJP10[/QUOTE]

Maybe he will get a bee in his bonnet and want to party in Vegas, who knows! And if anyone is an ass about it, they will get kicked out, NOT the prez :D
  • Options
    case420case420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL this is awesome, who else can we invite??? haha!! I'm Canadian so I will try the prime minister :) Seriousley is there more? So cute of an idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We Invited Mickey & Minnie also & although they couldn't make it (Their schedules are just packed!) they were kind enough to send us a signed picture and their best wishes! 

p.s. we sent the inviation to their Winter address aka Disneyworld in Florida!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Too cute!
    Pregnancy Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_were-inviting-obamas-mickey-mouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ee4f7e91-ad2f-4ada-a5f6-c0af46ae4c33Post:a9eab920-2494-4379-a36d-747b59e499fe">Re: We're inviting The Obamas and Mickey Mouse!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL this is awesome, who else can we invite??? haha!! I'm Canadian so I will try the prime minister :) Seriousley is there more? So cute of an idea!
    Posted by case420[/QUOTE]

I heard of inviting the queen, but I heard you will only get a response back if you are a resident, so you might get a response back from the Prime Minister! I thought it was fun, and if we got a response back by the wedding I thought it would be cute to go in our guest book or something.
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    So cute. We had this discussion on my month board a couple weeks ago, too bad I was done sending out the invites! You should post how the letters look! ;) 
  • Options
    ginamarie1985ginamarie1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI - you can also invite Cinderella and Prince Charming at Disney World. :)
    "That's what you get for waking up in Vegas." ***My Wedding Bio!***
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @case420 - People also invite Queen Elizabeth and the Pope ;-)

@kara - I will post a pic of the letters when we get it ;-)
  • Options
    case420case420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am glad I ordered extra invites ;)
    I am also inviting our town Mayor.
    Just in case anyone is wondering, I've found these addresses:

Barack Obama
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20500

Mickey Mouse & Cinderella
    Disneyland Resort
    P.O. Box 3232
    Anaheim, CA 92802

or

Walt Disney World Resort
    P.O.Box 10000
    1675 N Buena Vista Drive
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Her Majesty the Queen
    Buckingham Palace
    London SW1A 1AA

Office of the Prime Minister
    Stephen Harper
    80 Wellington Street
    Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2
  • Options
    MisEstaMisEsta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is such a cute idea!! Especially since we are going to DisneyWorld for our honeymoon =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about Kate & Wills?!
    Or Kate might be busy planning her wedding....lol
    We get the day off here in UK! Woohoo to another bank holiday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards