Nevada-Las Vegas

Reviews 02/21/13 part III: Hair & Make up, Photographer, Misc vendors

Vendors reviews:

Hair & Make Up:

Desert Glamour: A++++

I’ve been corresponding with Whitney for few months before the wedding. I told her I wanted the Vintage look. I sent her pictures and picture of veil & hair clip as well. On the wedding day, Angie who is part of the team came first before Whitney. Due to the strip was being closed, they were about one hour late but it didn’t delay the hair & make up procedure at all. I paid for 6 of us to get the hair & make up done. They worked very efficiently. They listened to what we wanted and executed them well. Our packages came with complimentary fake eye lashes and airbrush make up as well.

I couldn’t believe I spent way less than what other hair & make up vendors were charging and the result are the same or even better. I highly recommend Desert Glamour to all brides to be for your wedding days or even Bachelorette parties. Contact them at http://www.desertglamour.com

Photographers:

Light Source Films: A+++++++++

I found the husband & wife team Jim & Rowena Swinson through Craigslist. We are sort of on limited budget and I was looking for the best price and the best quality of photography work. They charged me way less than other photographers in exchange for the right to use our pictures which is not a big deal for us. Jim told us that we could have three photographers, but I told him we only need two because the size of our party is not that big. Two photographers and unlimited hours. They were there since the beginning when we were getting ready and until after the party bus.

They walked everywhere with us. Due to the strip was being closed we had to do detours from Flamingo to the back of the hotel and crossed to Bally’s. Walked through Paris and crossed to Bellagio. They took many amazing shots because the strip was closed we were able to take pictures at spots that we usually can’t do. There were pictures of us in front of the Eiffel tower where usually the cars entrance is. It was a perfect day to get amazing shots.

We even took many pictures at Cosmopolitan without getting interrupted by security guards. Jim & Rowena ate dinner with us and they were kind of a part of our family. My mom loves them and everybody chit chatted with them. They were professional and made it so much fun. I couldn’t believe we got to have them for more than 12 hours.

We also got to take pictures at the Las Vegas sign at night time and everybody got to get their pictures taken. Jim even helped taking a picture for a mom & a daughter there. He’s such a nice guy.

I highly recommend them to all the knotties. They are the number one vendor on the knot for wedding videography and I really want to see them succeed as well as photography vendor. Contact them at jim@lightsourcefilms.com & www.lightsourcefilms.com .

Catering for getting ready:

Jason’s Deli: A+

The process of ordering food was easy. I called them the day before and placed an order for 12 of the breakfast packages (with sausage and bacon) + fruits + coffee. Because of the shooting the driver was late, but he called me right at 9 am and told me where he was. He called me again when he got to The Flamingo. He dropped off all the food in our room. He even set it up for us.

We ordered too much food even though there were 12 of us. Everything was delicious. They provided everything (plates, forks, knives, spoons, cups, lids, stir sticks). The only thing they didn’t provide was real sugar. Somehow they gave us Splenda & Sweet & Low. No big deal. Total bill for the food including the $5 deliver fee was $109. Such a bargain.

Misc reviews:

Nine Fine Irishmen at NYNY hotel: A

We had our rehearsal dinner here. I made a reservation a month before. They have really delicious food. Service was good and like other places in Vegas, portion was huge. I used the MyVegas game reward and it took off $100 of the bill. Totally worth it and will dine here again.

Minus 5 Ice Bar at Monte Carlo: B

After rehearsal dinner the original plan was to have a bachelor & bachelorette parties but I wasn’t feeling well. I didn’t want to get sick the next day on the wedding day, so we decided just to head out to the ice bar since I had rewards from MyVegas game to use. All of us went and it was fun. It was a bit small than what I expected. The drink was expensive but it was cool to see everything was made out of ice. The reason why I gave the grade B was because they didn’t allow us to bring cameras inside but they had their own photographer and she was pretty bossy. She took quite a few pictures of us. My sister bought those pictures for us. It was 3 for $40. It’s spendy. We were glad we did it as a group but probably not gonna do it again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reviews 02/21/13 part III: Hair & Make up, Photographer, Misc vendors

• Great reviews!!   I saw the pics in your other post and you looked amazing!  Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-022113-part-iii-hair-make-up-photographer-misc-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f4031133-49bf-417b-8cb8-8c82674404fdPost:eea2775e-211a-49fb-8c47-55dc9645b0c3">Reviews 02/21/13 part III: Hair & Make up, Photographer, Misc vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vendors reviews: Hair & Make Up: Desert Glamour: A++++ I’ve been corresponding with Whitney for few months before the wedding. I told her I wanted the Vintage look. I sent her pictures and picture of veil & hair clip as well. On the wedding day, Angie who is part of the team came first before Whitney. Due to the strip was being closed, they were about one hour late but it didn’t delay the hair & make up procedure at all. I paid for 6 of us to get the hair & make up done. They worked very efficiently. They listened to what we wanted and executed them well. Our packages came with complimentary fake eye lashes and airbrush make up as well. I couldn’t believe I spent way less than what other hair & make up vendors were charging and the result are the same or even better. I highly recommend Desert Glamour to all brides to be for your wedding days or even Bachelorette parties. Contact them at <a href="http://www.desertglamour.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.desertglamour.com</a> Photographers: Light Source Films: A+++++++++ I found the husband & wife team Jim & Rowena Swinson through Craigslist. We are sort of on limited budget and I was looking for the best price and the best quality of photography work. They charged me way less than other photographers in exchange for the right to use our pictures which is not a big deal for us. Jim told us that we could have three photographers, but I told him we only need two because the size of our party is not that big. Two photographers and unlimited hours. They were there since the beginning when we were getting ready and until after the party bus. They walked everywhere with us. Due to the strip was being closed we had to do detours from Flamingo to the back of the hotel and crossed to Bally’s. Walked through Paris and crossed to Bellagio. They took many amazing shots because the strip was closed we were able to take pictures at spots that we usually can’t do. There were pictures of us in front of the Eiffel tower where usually the cars entrance is. It was a perfect day to get amazing shots. We even took many pictures at Cosmopolitan without getting interrupted by security guards. Jim & Rowena ate dinner with us and they were kind of a part of our family. My mom loves them and everybody chit chatted with them. They were professional and made it so much fun. I couldn’t believe we got to have them for more than 12 hours. We also got to take pictures at the Las Vegas sign at night time and everybody got to get their pictures taken. Jim even helped taking a picture for a mom & a daughter there. He’s such a nice guy. I highly recommend them to all the knotties. They are the number one vendor on the knot for wedding videography and I really want to see them succeed as well as photography vendor. Contact them at jim@lightsourcefilms.com & <a href="http://www.lightsourcefilms.com" rel="nofollow">www.lightsourcefilms.com</a> . Catering for getting ready: Jason’s Deli: A+ The process of ordering food was easy. I called them the day before and placed an order for 12 of the breakfast packages (with sausage and bacon) + fruits + coffee. Because of the shooting the driver was late, but he called me right at 9 am and told me where he was. He called me again when he got to The Flamingo. He dropped off all the food in our room. He even set it up for us. We ordered too much food even though there were 12 of us. Everything was delicious. They provided everything (plates, forks, knives, spoons, cups, lids, stir sticks). The only thing they didn’t provide was real sugar. Somehow they gave us Splenda & Sweet & Low. No big deal. Total bill for the food including the $5 deliver fee was $109. Such a bargain. Misc reviews: Nine Fine Irishmen at NYNY hotel: A We had our rehearsal dinner here. I made a reservation a month before. They have really delicious food. Service was good and like other places in Vegas, portion was huge. I used the MyVegas game reward and it took off $100 of the bill. Totally worth it and will dine here again. Minus 5 Ice Bar at Monte Carlo: B After rehearsal dinner the original plan was to have a bachelor & bachelorette parties but I wasn’t feeling well. I didn’t want to get sick the next day on the wedding day, so we decided just to head out to the ice bar since I had rewards from MyVegas game to use. All of us went and it was fun. It was a bit small than what I expected. The drink was expensive but it was cool to see everything was made out of ice. The reason why I gave the grade B was because they didn’t allow us to bring cameras inside but they had their own photographer and she was pretty bossy. She took quite a few pictures of us. My sister bought those pictures for us. It was 3 for $40. It’s spendy. We were glad we did it as a group but probably not gonna do it again.    
    Posted by eviliciouz[/QUOTE]
    For NFI how much was it to reserve there and how many people did you have their?
  • Love that you used a different photographer then the usual to give us all more options!!!

Great reviews! thanks!!
  • Hi Connor1975, there were 16 of us. No minimum on F&B. We had the long table upstairs. There's an auto gratuity of 18% for big party like ours. The total bill before the reward discount was around $400 and everybody got an entree. We shared two appetizers which was plenty because they brought out baskets of bread (complimentary). Definitely need to make reservation a week before :).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-022113-part-iii-hair-make-up-photographer-misc-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f4031133-49bf-417b-8cb8-8c82674404fdPost:8b485975-420e-4e94-9c8d-c6b877494eb0">Re: Reviews 02/21/13 part III: Hair & Make up, Photographer, Misc vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Connor1975, there were 16 of us. No minimum on F&B. We had the long table upstairs. There's an auto gratuity of 18% for big party like ours. The total bill before the reward discount was around $400 and everybody got an entree. We shared two appetizers which was plenty because they brought out baskets of bread (complimentary). Definitely need to make reservation a week before :).
    Posted by eviliciouz[/QUOTE]

we are hoping to go here after the reception, but we have like 50-60 people coming long, not sure if they can acomidate to that.:(
  • Hmmm I'm not sure if they have private room for that high amount of people. I guess if you booked the whole upstairs area it might work out. Just call them and ask :).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards