North Carolina

Irene

Everyone make it through alright?  Damages? 

Re: Irene

• edited December 2011

No damage at our Clayton estate, but DH's Wake Forest estate has a tree down with a few nicks to the front porch.  He's all freaked out about the other nearby tree falling on the house now.  We both just wish the house would sell so we could just have one house to deal with.

C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Our neighbors husbands sister (follow that?) who lives in greenville NC had a couple trees go through her dining room and there's flooding by the neighbors parents house in Rocky Mount.

DH's parents in CT are fine to our knowledge. Their lake is REALLY flooded. The boat was in the lift, all the way up (about 3-4 feet out of the water, and with the wind and rain, the waves on the lakes were hitting the top of the boat. There's also lots of trees down up there. Granted, they've got a lot of old trees.

Aside from that, we just had a really windy day yesterday. A REALLY REALLY windy day. Lucy tried to fly away. . not the brightest creature.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had no damage, thank goodness.  My friends in Greenville had water damage, etc. 

H's family beach house lost some of the boards on the dock, and the downstairs majorly flooded.  :(
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!! Do they have insurance to cover the damages?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in Greensboro so no damage here. I was really sad to see that around 16 deaths have been reported so far. I didn't realize it was that bad.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_irene?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:ddbe1d05-00ee-4da8-8f41-3757071af90fPost:5b1952d1-f0ed-4629-9906-5b544124a85d">Re: Irene</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no!! Do they have insurance to cover the damages?
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Of course.  Who'd have a beach house without hurricane insurance? :)

The house has been there over 40 years, this wasn't its first rodeo. 
    edited December 2011
    You know, you ask that, but I bet there are a couple people who don't have it. I also bet those couple of people are now kickin themselves in the arse right now.

Glad to hear they're covered!
  • YoungDuoYoungDuo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in Fayetteville all weekend, no damages there, nor in Winston-Salem. FI didn't get deployed out for any rescue missions which is always a good sign!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 204 made the cut image 122 are ready to party image 65 are being lame
    image 17 can't find the mailbox
    RSVP Date: October 20
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband's car got dented by a tree limb--why we need a carport. We think the beach place is ok, because Kure Beach is about 16 feet above sea level. All very minor stuff compared to the very real problems others are having. We did have good friends get married last night at Matthews House in Cary. They were planning an outdoor ceremony, but that was the only hiccup. Really fun party!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_irene?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:ddbe1d05-00ee-4da8-8f41-3757071af90fPost:29a5115c-ff0e-46ba-9c65-2e0b35ea06cd">Re: Irene</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know, you ask that, but I bet there are a couple people who don't have it. I also bet those couple of people are now kickin themselves in the arse right now. Glad to hear they're covered!
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Oh absolutely, I'm sure you're right.  Or there are those people who have it, but since it's so expensive they have a super high deductable so it's not helpful. 
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw an N&O headline that 1100 homes were lost in NC. I think it was down to a category 1 storm when it hit. Can't imagine what would have happened if the storm had been more intense. So, hopefully this will be our last hurricane for a while!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards