Nevada-Las Vegas

Guest Book Options (let me know what you think)

I have been going through guest book options. So my final one I have came up with that I think would work is to have a quilt made with our picture and have it made on light fabric so everyone can sign the quilt. After the wedding we will be able to hang it up in our house. What do you ladies think? What are you doing for your guest books?
www.weddingwire.com/kiwonaandhector

Re: Guest Book Options (let me know what you think)

• aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm not doing one.  We don't have room to bring one.

• edited December 2011
    I ordered a b&w photo of the LV sign from zazzle. I bought some thin silver sharpies for everyone to use to sign it.

I know a couple other brides have bought a record and guests signed with a silver sharpie,

Also...on etsy I saw a puzzle guest book. soo cute.
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing the record that has "our song" on it!
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a cute idea, wouldn't it be difficult to write on the quilt though? Ours was a signature frame and it turned out well. It looks cute with all the signatures on it and we can't wait to hang it up. Here's how it turned out:

• edited December 2011
    Well I have found some fabric markers to use and after the wedding we would have to iron the quilt so that the signatures will not come off. I like your signature frame that looks very nice.
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Likely doing the Shutterfly engagement photo book with a bunch of white space to have people sign around the photos.  I paid for those engagement photos, dammit, and I'm going to make sure they get seen, haha.
  • edited December 2011
    I know that is right....make sure they are seen!
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_guest-book-options-let-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f73dd4ed-022d-4438-878b-c06f791ac7d0Post:00d77784-89bb-47de-b36f-bebe935c0320">Re: Guest Book Options (let me know what you think)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered a b&w photo of the LV sign from zazzle. I bought some thin silver sharpies for everyone to use to sign it. Posted by junebug61103[/QUOTE]

This. I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby.
  • tlj25tlj25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made a guest book on shutterfly.com using a mixture of our engagement photos and others from our 7 years together! :) 

I left a lot of white space so people will have room to write their well wishes. I think it will be a nice keepsake afterwards.
  • edited December 2011
    I scoured ebay etc for original vintage vegas postcards (we needed something light and easy to pack) and then bought a few replicas off zazzle. We are going to get everyone to write a message on the back of them then we will frame them when we get home.

I liked this option because I can change it up all the time and switch from the postcard pic to the written message.

I really wanted to do an Elvis record but I was scared that it would get broken on our travels (since we will be away 5 weeks in total).
  • edited December 2011
    we're doing postcards (that we'll buy once we're in Vegas).  the following morning my mom is going to drop them all in the mail, and then we'll get all the postcards when we get back from our honeymoon.  we'll probably just store them in a box of some sort, with other wedding stuff.  i've never heard of 'displaying' a guestbook after the wedding - until the picture frame thing became popular.
  • MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're planning on a "wish tree" type of thing.  Not sure what we'll do with it after the wedding day.  And now that you mention it, I probably will want to show off engagement photos. 

I have a friend whose venue suggested printing engagement pics on foamboard at Kinko's and sticking it to the walls all around the dining room.  I saw a sample, and it was cute.  I think they were about 18x24". 
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I want to do a photobooth and have a copy of the pictures of everybody pasted into a book for them to sign. A friend of mine did this for her wedding and everyone had so much fun cramming into the booth and writing silly messages in the book. Plus, since they get a copy to take home, it doubles as a favor.

Hopefully I can find a good deal on one at the bridal expo next weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    We used a book of photography about Vegas. I think it is called Las Vegas and Beyond. We then asked people to sign their favorite picture in the book. It is then meant to be used as a coffee table book.
  • kdj2011kdj2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also doing postcards.  I ordered a bunch from zazzle and I'm using them as the table #'s, each table will have different postcards and we'll have people sign them and then put them in a book or something when we get home  
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a photobooth with guest book option, that way it is our favor and guest book in one! And none of our friends have done it yet :)
  • edited December 2011
    I was originally looking for the "Cant Help Falling Inlove" vinyl for guests to sign...but that idea fell flat when I couldnt find one. So we went with the post card option. We'll put them at the back of our wedding photo album. I kind of like this idea better anyways, as guests are able to write a little more.

I love your idea, btw. If you have the time and skills you should do it.

Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I saw this in a magazine a long time ago and really loved it.. The idea is from www.guestbookstore.com, but I was thinking of DIYing them. I guess when it was over you could put it in some kind of book.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards