Kansas

Hays/Salina area?! Need help getting started!!

Hi to all Kansas knotties! It's great to see a message board with girls that don't live clear across the country from me! I'm COMPLETELY new to this, this is my first post and I'm not totally sure how to really do all of this right, but I wanted to see if ANYONE knew of any great, reasonably priced wedding services in the Hays/Salina area?! Anything from dress shops, photographers, caterers, DJs and anything in between!! Hope someone can help! THANKS IN ADVANCE and I'm so glad I discovered this website...can't wait to start planning!!

Re: Hays/Salina area?! Need help getting started!!

• edited December 2011
    For alterations see The Tangled Thread in Salina. Margaret is awesome!
  • MistyHinrichsMistyHinrichs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It's a little bit out of your way, but Manhattan has a few good dress shops. Celebrations of the Heart is great, and Weisner's also has a really great selection.

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" -Milton Berle
  • future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Salina, Celebrations, David's Bridal and Young's Bridal shop for dresses.  Photographers--Carol Roker (Reflections by Roker) she's absolutley amazing but a little steep on prices.  Caterers: 4 Bears Catering  DJ's: pick one, lol, there are MANY.

• edited December 2011
    I'm sure I'm WAY too late but I just found this post, however I am a photographer in Salina, and I'm getting married October 2012, so I have found several things in Salina. For anyone who reads this post and still looking for any info for Salina:

There is a small cake store on 9th St (forgot what it's called) but they make cakes, and there are also mint molds, and cake toppers and a few other things I believe.

Many DJs, florists, etc.

Decorations: Artful Parties (I haven't been there yet but have heard about it)

Florists: Petals Flowers, and there are several other flower shops in Salina. Designs by Cunningham is where I always got flowers for dances and what not.

Invitations and printing companies: Pronto Print (expensive, I've always ordered online)

DJs: DJ Cainn, Complete Music, I have a friend out of Manhattan who DJs. I believe he's with a DJ company and goes by DJ Ward. He travels all over KS, I think.

Rentals: Waters TruValue, and I've heard Artful Parties has rental stuff

Photographers: There are many photographers in Sailna.

I am a recent graduate from Kansas Wesleyan and beleive that I'm very reasonably priced because I am a newer photographer (even though I have a ton of experience, just not known)
    You can check my website out, it has older work, but I'm in the process of updating it:
    http://www.jamiewintersphoto.com. My contact info is on there if you are interested.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards