Kansas

Emporia Weddings?

Hi Laides, I've never posted on this board before, but I was married in Emporia last month and have some vendor reviews if anyone is interested. I had some pretty bad experiences and thought maybe I'd be able to help a few girls out. If you want any info at all, please don't hesitate to ask!
imageimage

Emilia Antoinette
10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Emporia Weddings?

• edited December 2011
    What was your bad experience?
  • UnemUnem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, since it is a rather small town, the choices are limited. I had issues with many of my vendors. Are you getting married in Emporia?
    imageimage

Emilia Antoinette
  • edited December 2011
    No. Wichita. I was just curious.
  • UnemUnem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well my reception site contact took three weeks to respond to anything I sent her, convinced us to get way more food then needed, and after the wedding we only got back about half of the leftover food. My photographer = Fail. My cake lady asked us to come in 6 days before the wedding to double check everything just in case, which we did, and she still got it wrong day of. It was the most delicious cake ever though so that made up for it :)
    imageimage

Emilia Antoinette
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear your photog failed. You look really pretty in your picture.
  • operasirenoperasiren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am sorry to hear about all of your wedding trouble! That is no good. I am from Emporia and plan on having our wedding here. Who did you use for cake and location? I am just wondering since our options of hometown vendors are limited. Thanks!
  • jennb26jennb26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I live in Burlington but I am using a few Emporia vendors. My photographer is from Emporia and we had considered using Bobby D's to cater. We are even more limited here than in Emporia. So far I have been happy with my photographer. She did our engagement pics and threw in our family Christmas pictures. I have 2 children so it worked out well. Anyway who did you use for photographer and cake and reception.. Just curious since I am familiar with Emporia and considering using some of the vendors there.

• edited December 2011
    I live in Emporia and I have always gone through Marty's on 7th and Commercial. She is really fun and creative and she uses only the best ingredients.  She makes sure you get what you want, and she is extremely reasonably priced. I go through her for everything and I am all too sorry that I can't use her for my own wedding.  I am getting married outside of Emporia and so I didn't want the stress of the cake being transported that far. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards