Kansas
Options

uneven ground and no shade for outdoor wedding/reception

I have been searching websites (we are planning our wedding from Egypt) for 2 months now to find a perfect venue for our wedding next May. We are dreaming of an outdoor/backyard wedding. 

Ideally would love to have it at my grandparents farm, but unfortunately, there are no trees for shading except close to the house, and the ground is a perfect V shape with a creek in the middle. The other problem is I feel a backyard wedding requires a lot of hands on location work and we will be traveling in just a few days before the wedding, and I really don't want to dump the whole wedding to-do list on my family and friends. 

Any suggestions to make gp farm work? Or any outdoor venues that you love in central Kansas? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: uneven ground and no shade for outdoor wedding/reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We can help - we are just 30 minutes from KC, have a beautiful (flat) outdoor ceremony area, rustic but modern indoor reception hall and we setup the ceremony chairs as well as reception tables/chairs. We do have some dates still in May 2012, and have quite a bit of experience helping brides that are out of town plan their wedding. I admit we have never worked from across the ocean, but I'm sure we can help! ;)

Take a look at http://www.stonypointhall.com and let us know if you like what you see. We also have a great deal of info on our Facebook page. All pictures on both sites are from our facility, and we pride ourselves on our flexibility and determination to provide you the most awesome wedding you can have!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks BlissInTheValley for your response. KC is a little farther away than we were hoping. We need more central KS area. If we can't find something closer to home we will keep you in mind! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards