Kansas
Options

Reception in Johnson County, KS??

Hi ladies...

I have a question about reception sites in Overland Park, or somewhere around there.  We are having a destination wedding in Mexico or Jamaica (haven't decided which yet) and a reception when we return.  Does anyone know of a reception site that is reasonably priced for a low key reception?  I think we are going to do a Luau or beachy theme for the reception.  Being able to bring in our own catering and alcohol is a plus! 

Thanks for you help!

Re: Reception in Johnson County, KS??

• Options
    edited December 2011

I toured a placed called The Hemingway Gallery (it's downtown though)--it was really neat and resonable. You could bring in your own food and drink too! It is definitely a place for a low key recepetion especially if you're having a destination wedding. It used to be a salsa bar---we thought it was really neat.

There's also The Ramada Inn on Shawnee Mission Parkway and Old Shawnee Town!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having our's at the Lenexa Conference Center at College and Lackman. It is basically an old barn that's been renovated to look really modern and industrial on the inside.  It's gorgeous and resonably priced plus you can have outside catering and alcohol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    -I second the Lenexa conference center- the interior space is awesome and they have a really nice patio area too.  I've seen it referred to as the Lodge at Ironwoods, so try that if you are searching for it.

-Deer Creek golf course in OP has a really nice space, but they don't let you bring outside catering/alcohol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards