Kansas

Problems with my Photographer

I hired my photographer back in the spring. (Our wedding is April 6.) He is very talented from what I have seen, very reasonably priced and he doesn't have a time restriction for the day-of. We took our engagement photos in mid-July, and as of right now October 4, we still have not received the final edited photos. The first problem started when it took him 3 weeks just to get the 'raw' images sent to us after our photo session when he said it would take 1 week. Then once he finally sent them, we picked our 'favorites' for him to edit, (there are probably around 80) including the 3 we chose for our save the dates--he finished editing those 3 and sent them back within a week. That was two months ago. At this point, we have had our Save the Dates ordered, received, addressed and now ready to go out for a while; however, I am waiting on him to get all of our final pictures finished so that I can put some of them onto our wedding website before sending out the STDs. We really wanted to have our STDs out at the 6 month mark, which is in 2 days... Also, I started getting impatient two weeks ago and emailed him to see how the photos were coming, and he replied with an excuse of how busy he's been, vacation, whatever, and that he'd have our final pics to us by the following week. Again-- that was two weeks ago.

I am very frustrated at this point and considering just finding a new photographer. I mean, to take 3 months to get our engagement photos back to us seems like a really bad sign for what's to come. Part of the problem may be that he has a full time job and does this on the side. I just don't know if I really want the confrontation of firing him, or if I'd even be able to find another photographer 6 months out. Any input or advice from fellow brides would be appreciated!!

Re: Problems with my Photographer

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards