Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Any Dubuque Brides?

Hi all. I am Ashley and my FI is named Adam. We are getting married August 20, 2011. I was just wondering if there are any other Dubuque brides out there.
August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA

Re: Any Dubuque Brides?

• Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep I am, but we are doing a destination wedding.
  • Options
    OctoberLouOctoberLou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm not on the Knot too often, so I just saw your message. But I am also a Dubuque bride, and my FI's name is also Adam :) Our wedding is October 16, 2010 so less than seven months to go for us :) Happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  We (Casey and Tom) live in Phoenix but are getting married at the Grand River center in August!  Where is your wedding?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Caseysue! I just finally saw your post. I don't check this board this often because it is not too hopping. I wish there was a Dubuque board! Anyways, we are getting married at a Catholic Church in Dubuque (St. Anthony's) and having our reception at a country club (Thunder Hills in Peosta). Grand River Center is very nice. I have been to a couple weddings there. What brings you to Dubuque?
    image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm soooo glad to find someone who is getting married in the Dubuque area!!
    My name is Nichol and my fiance's name is Chris. We're getting married Sept 4th at the Basilica in Dyersville, IA, but we're having our reception in Dubuque at the Best Western Midway hotel.

I'm not from the area- its my fiance's side of the family who is from there. So if you have any ideas or advice please shoot them my way! I'm actually going back there 5/7-8 with my sister and parents to check out florists, bakeries, and decorators. Have you booked any of these yet? If so, who are you going with?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am from Dubuque, but we are doing our own flowers so I don't know about that. I am getting my cake done from a place called Spring Brook Catering/Barb's Cakes. She does 95% of them as styrofoam then with sheet cakes in the back. I have also heard that Becky's Cakes were delicious. Do you have a photographer and everything booked yet? As for decorators, there are some rental places if that's what you're looking for. I am doing a lot of DIY and I'm pretty far off, so I'm not a whole lot of help. I wish we could get our own board. :(
  • Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    kjdavieskjdavies member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this forum is really old, but I'm a Dubuque Bride and looking for information!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards