Iowa-Quad Cities

Keeping my Sanity

I believe I am a good person and can tolerate alot, however there is one person in my future family that I swear does everything in there power to make my life terrible...I have over looked so many.. they just insist on constantly putting themselves in the middle of our life...How? When? Will they ever realize that he has a life now (me)(our life) and leave us alone.
SUGGESTIONS Welcome on how to deal with and over jealous in law..
I do love my new family alot

Re: Keeping my Sanity

• kitc101kitc101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have one of those, too! I have had to learn to keep my mouth shut and put on a happy face (it's very hard for me to not let my emotions show...) Try to quietly talk to the person. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've made a few comments, making sure they aren't snide or anything, and I have noticed a little bit of a decrease in the problem.

All I can say is, good luck...
  • edited December 2011
    Ha! (Sorry I'm not laughing at you, I swear) I actually got tired of hearing my MIL2B talking trash about me so I wrote her a letter (alright a message on Facebook, but I despise confrontation) and addressed all things she'd ever said about me. And it ended in a three month dry spell in her talking (not that I was complaining, haha). I eventually got a new job (one of the thing she'd complain about was me "using her son for his [lack thereof] money" and suddenly she was nice to me again. She's still opinionated but sometimes I like that. I just have to say, I agree with KitW, speak up, just don't put them on the spot because 9 out of 10 times its gonna backfire BIG time. And know that whatever you say to her (or whoever) will get back to your fiance, so its best to clue him in immediately to avoid she said she said situations (I actually cc'd my fiance so he'd know) Good Luck!
    KWitt "The Wife"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards