Iowa-Quad Cities

Had a ceremony/reception at North Ridge Pavillion in Coralville??

I booked the most BEAUTIFUL site for my small, non religious ceremony and my reception- the North Ridge Pavillion in Coralville. It's style perfectly fit what we was looking for.Originally the plan was to have the ceremony outside, but after realizing how loud it is outside (it's very close to the interstate) and the fact that we can't place a mic outside the lodge, we are planning the ceremony for indoors. Here's the problem:I'm not sure how to set up the flow for a ceremony AND a reception, because the space is so small. Right now we're planning on setting seats for a traditional ceremony and having tables set off to the sides. After the ceremony guests would head to the veranda for cocktail hour while the tables and chairs are reset for dinner. I feel like that's a lot to ask my family/wedding party to do during the day, plus, what if it rains?My other thought was about having people set at their reception tables for the ceremony. My only problem with that is I'm worried that people will end up sitting for a VERY long time during the ceremony and dinner and toasts...there's nothing to break things up.Has anyone been to a wedding at this site? Did they do the reception and ceremony both there? Anyone have solutions? What are your opinions on sitting at the tables during the ceremony?Thanks!-J
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Had a ceremony/reception at North Ridge Pavillion in Coralville??

• LoveMyPEguyLoveMyPEguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a similar situation. My ceremony and reception were held in the same place, same room. The staff set up half of the reception room for the ceremony. When the ceremony was over, everyone went outdoors for a cocktail hour and the staff set up the remainder of the reception inside. It worked out wonderfully for us. It gave us ample time to talk to people before the reception even started and allowed us to enjoy ourselves more. We were lucky and had gorgeous weather, too. If it would've been raining, I guess we all would've crammed into the half of the room that was set up prior to the ceremony. Having the guests sit at the tables during the ceremony is a good option, too. Who cares if they're sitting in the same spot the whole time? They'd be sitting anyways for the ceremony, just in a different chair. In the end, you have to do what works best with the venue and the amount of help you have to do it. If its too much work/time to have 2 different set ups, then just have the people sit at the tables. Good luck with everything! It will all work out in the end! :)
  • just wondering how it worked out for you? I am thinking about having my wedding and reception their too.
  • We were just looking at this location too, but are unsure.  Has anyone else out there used this for a wedding?
    Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without. - James Dobson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards