Iowa-Quad Cities

What are you doing over the holiday?

Hello ladies!  Let's pick it up a bit out here.  What's everyone going to do over the holiday?  Are you doing anything productive?  Will you be traveling?  Anyone have any funny stories about Uncle Art or Aunt Betty?

I'm on vacation all next week, so I'm going to get two things accomplished before the holiday:  1) a big organization project in our second bedroom/office and 2)  save the dates will go in the mail before Thanksgiving!

We are heading to St. Louis to see FI's family this time.  Love to hang out there cuz they don't give me a hard time when I want to take a nap and his sister never lets me help with anything, so sometimes I let her get away with it and visit with the kids (or nap).  And I love FI's family, so we always look forward to a trip down there.

Re: What are you doing over the holiday?

• brandydubrandydu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in 30 days so no T-giving travel for us. We figure we'll get enough family time in a few weeks at the wedding. FI and I are hanging out at home, doing last minute wedding stuff like programs, and having some deserved downtime. We decided to not even cook on T-giving, we'll be going out to make it easy!
  • katelynsandonkatelynsandon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I will be running the Turkey Trot at the YMCA then headed to my parents house to help with Thanksgiving dinner. My FI's family will be coming to my parents home as well. It will be nice not having to have two dinners this year!

The future Mrs. Darling
  • edited December 2011
    Brandy - less than a month to go!  Woohoo!!!  Hope all goes well during this last four weeks.

And I would love to stay home and the two of us go out to dinner.  But since only one person in both of our families lives here in the QC, we get to travel for every holiday.

Katelyn - I'm jealous you're only having one dinner!  We've already been to two family dinners and it's not even Thanksgiving yet!  One more to go and 2009 Thanksgiving is done.

• madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have both of my familys thanksgiving on thursday- lots of food! Then Friday I will be up and shopping bright and early :) Then Friday Im done we will head to Chicago for FI's thanksgiving and a late birthday celebration for him! Im excited to see everyone. I wish the weather would hold out, it looks like snow on wednesday :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards