Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Any Ideas...Please Help (DeWitt/Anamosa)

Hello Everyone,
I am planning my wedding for May of 2013 so I have plenty of time but I am torn on where to have the wedding/reception.  I was thinking maybe DeWitt since that is where we live but I don't know of anything in this town since we just moved here.  Or I was thinking Anamosa since it is half way for just about all of our families.  Anyone know anything about places in these towns that could hold up to 400 or more people!!!! THANKS!!!!!

Re: Any Ideas...Please Help (DeWitt/Anamosa)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what their capacity is, but Costello's Old Mill in Maquoketa looks gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 284 Invited so far!
    image 173 Are ready to party!
    image 94 Will be missing out!
    image 17 Are MIA!
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree; Bettendorf/Moline is not that far from DeWitt (I bought my wedding dress in DeWitt and drove out there several times from Moline); plus it may be your best chance of finding venues to hold 400 people.

If the majority of your guests have to get a hotel anyways, then I don't really see a difference btwn having a wedding in DeWitt area or closer to QC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where is your family coming from? I don't know Animosa but it doesn't strike me as an ideal location to host 400 people...

What about Maquoketa? Or even Iowa City if they are coming from the west rather than north?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Grooms Mom is in the Cedar Rapids area. His dad is in the Cascade area which is by Dubuque.  My Dad lives right in the middle of everything, Lowden area.  My Mom lives in Davenport.  So just the parents are spread far apart.  They rest of the family and friends also very in every direction.  :( Its so hard to decide where to do everything.  I was thinking about renting the fair building here in DeWitt.  It can hold a lot and is in my back yard which will make decorations and such easier!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think in that situation, I would do what's convenient for you. Parents are going to travel regardless of where you have it and if there isn't an overwhelming population in any one area, go with what you love!

• Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Costellos in Maq. is too small, so is the Comfort Inn. Davenport has a lot of potions, just depends what you want. You might want to check out the Lodge. Dubuque has the Grand River Center, that is super nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards