Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Wedding Party Picture Locations

I am getting mairried in Davenport, but don't know the area terribly well (my sister lives there). I am think some of our pictures will be in Vanderveer park, but I am also looking for a cool, more modern part of town for some unique shots (think brick buildings, alleys, fireescapes, etc). Anyone have any ideas?!

Re: Wedding Party Picture Locations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely downtown Davenport along the riverfront. Vanderveer is right inbetween Harrison and Brady St. Take Harrison St to downtown (it's a one-way going towards the river). On the riverfront there is Penguins Comedy Club a.k.a The Freight House. This is an older brick building. Also, if you turn on 3rd street from harrison, you'll find a lot of alleys, brick buildings, etc. There is also Figge Art Museum right on River Dr. Help this helps!
  • Options
    supergirl377supergirl377 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had some of our engagement pics taken at the corner of River & Perry.  We used the alley between Front Street Brewery and the Mass Mutual Riverbend Financial building on the corner.  You can see some of them on my planning bio.  There are a few on the Engagement Pics page but there are some better ones on the DIY & Invitations page in our guestbook.  A couple of my favs are toward the back of the guestbook.
  • Options
    chuygrl77chuygrl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with these girls...downtown Davenport is awesome.  It has everything down there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards