Iowa-Quad Cities

Need Help

Hi everyone I'm new to this board!

My FI and I are having a destination wedding in Mexico, but  we decided to have a second reception at IA for everyone who can't make it, specially because most of his family lives in IA. My problem is that I have been there three times in my life and I have no idea where to begin to plan this reception.

Thanks God I have an amazing FMIL and she already book the Keokuk County Expo? in Sigourney. So that's one less thing to worry about, but of course I can't ask her to do all the planning!

So I came here for help and I will be so thankful if any of you could share your experiences while planning your wedding at IA.

Thank you!

Re: Need Help

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could help, but it's about 2.5 hrs south of Moline/Quad Cities...hopefully others on here can offer advice.  Best of luck!

PS- Where in Mexico is your DW? Which resort?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support (: I'm finding it a little stressful to plan everything from a distance! I think I'll just let the boy to plan it all himself :P If only I wasn't so obsesive about the details. Oh and the wedding will be in Mazatlan, at the El Cid Resort.

I see that your wedding is right around the corner! Hope you enjoy every bit of it.
  • madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you ever need to vent, get a hold of me!! For the past 17 months Ive been planning our destination wedding in Hawaii. We have 7 months to go and Im REALLY starting to stress, so I understand how hard it is! I dont know much about the area of your reception or Id give some advice as were doing an at home reception also. We are having ours a month after the ceremony. What are you doing??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards