Iowa-Quad Cities

QC Wedding Beauty

Wedding is in a month, yiiiikes!!!!

Need Suggestions on:
Place to go for Nail and Pedicure. Probably only 2 of us going.

Place for me to get my hair colored(someone who is really good with color, my hair has faded to about 5 different colors, including grey!!)

Place for wedding day hairstyling. Probably for 3 of us.

Place to go for make up. Probably 2 or 3 of us!

Re: QC Wedding Beauty

• Will you want someone to come to you or will you go to the salon the day of?  Where in the QC will your wedding be? Will the distance be important?  You only have to give a general area, not the exact place if you want.

I love William Wesley for pedicures. They're always very nice and do a great job.  They have a "bridal" room (it's really just a small room separate from the general waiting area) and you can bring in drinks and snacks for those who are waiting for their services.  My company uses them every year as part of the annual outing.  William Wesley is in Davenport, off 53rd near Old Navy and the cinemas.

http://www.wwgrandsalonandspa.com/home.htm

I have also been to Serenity in Moline for a pedicure (16th street & John Deere Rd).  The place is a bit smaller, but they also do a great job.  They are a bit cheaper than William Wesley.

http://www.serenityqc.com/index2.php?p=services

I don't have any advice about the other things. I had a friend do hair and makeup at the church that day. She now lives a few hours away.

Good luck with everything!  Let us know how it goes.
  • The wedding is in downtown davenport, although having someone come to us would be conveinent, i am kind of figuring we will have to go out. It is just me and the maid of honor, so it would really be  a waste of someones time to come to us. We may also drag along her mom and or my aunt and maybe the best mans wife, but still not a big group.

As far a driving around, i am very fimilar with both the il and ia side of the quad cities, so i would be ok with traveling to either side of the river for the right person. I think we will do nails and pedicures day before and then obv hair and make up day of.

I will be going to get my hair colored the weeked before the wedding, i have horrible hair, my hair is grey at the roots(im only 27!) and my blonde and carmel brown has faded to a brassy orange color because we have hard water. So im looking for someone pretty damn amazing to do a excellent color job on me, but that does not nessicarly have to be the same person who does our styles the day off.

I'm going to check out those spas now! I didn't even think about them! I've always had nails and pedis done at all the typical nail salons but wanted something a little better for my wedding day.

I read on yelp that five star salon is kind of a rip off on pedicurres...
  • For manis/pedis I've always gone to California nails across from Walgreen's on the Avenue (on the Illinois side). They've always been amazing and have had great customer service. I went there for my prom and it was an hour after they were supposed to be closed and they let me come right in and took their time on my toes like it was the middle of the afternoon! It was amazing. I'll always go there! Plus, they have the cutest little dog!! Hehe.

As for color, I do my own, so I'm no help there.

I'm fairly certain that Dillard's (and maybe some other stores like that, Kohl's, etc.) does make up for free. We went to the Dillard's in Illinois for a friend's wedding last year and it worked out perfect! You might want to call around and ask. They do a good job!

I haven't checked out any places for hairstyles, but I'd be interested to see what advice you get for that!

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kendra at John Taylor Salon for your color fix.  The girl is seriously amazing at color.  I have the same problem with hard water so she is very familiar with that problem!.  Tameka is really good too.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-quad-cities_qc-wedding-beauty?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:93Discussion:ff43fe2f-ef87-43c4-97c5-d974906b7d62Post:540843b1-eb2c-4f21-b164-b36f434e29c0">QC Wedding Beauty</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding is in a month, yiiiikes!!!! Need Suggestions on: Place to go for Nail and Pedicure. Probably only 2 of us going. Place for me to get my hair colored(someone who is really good with color, my hair has faded to about 5 different colors, including grey!!) Place for wedding day hairstyling. Probably for 3 of us. Place to go for make up. Probably 2 or 3 of us!
    Posted by shanliann[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards