Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Tight Budget!

I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to do an oceanfront wedding for under $12,000? I don't mind doing a good deal of the work myself. My dad finally told me what he was willing to spend which was much lower than I was thinking. We are planning on having 150 people. I just need to start thinking of other ideas and was curious as to whether this was even possible? I appreciate any help/ideas anyone has!

Re: Tight Budget!

• BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its possible, you just need to be creative. Harbor Point and the Beachmoor have beautiful ocean views and are both affordable. HTH
  • amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Flying Bridge in Falmouth which is literally right on the water. For about 120 people, we are expecting to pay atleast $8000. But we are getting married on Labor day which is a Monday and that saved us from paying the $2,000 room rental fee. If you get married on a Saturday evening, or Sunday then you have to pay the room rental fee which sucks. The cheapest plate at Flying Bridge is $37 and ranges through $70 from there. It's pretty affordable if you do it right. AND they just renovated the function room and its beautiful!

Goodluck! :)
  • piraterubypirateruby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Falmouth Yacht Club is also has plates that start around 30.

• edited December 2011
    I would be very hesitant on reccomending the Harbor Point. I have attended two events there and the service and food were sub-par. Beautiful view and that is about it.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_tight-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:94Discussion:012fc058-3c87-4e1b-a29d-627212f2a33dPost:a0a6d348-a73e-49e8-940d-e44fb4f62a18">Tight Budget!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to do an oceanfront wedding for under $12,000? I don't mind doing a good deal of the work myself. <strong>My dad finally told me what he was willing to spend which was much lower than I was thinking.</strong> We are planning on having 150 people. I just need to start thinking of other ideas and was curious as to whether this was even possible? I appreciate any help/ideas anyone has!
    Posted by clage22[/QUOTE]

Or you could save for the wedding yourself?
  • edited December 2011
    As i keep saying...I love the falmouth Yacht club...There is also a great little club called the Menhaut beach yacht club... not sure how to get in touch but maybe something else to consider.... 
    The Sea crest might also be able to work that for you on a friday night ... 

• edited December 2011
    OH>>>> i should also mention the Bourne Function Facility... It is POND front but very cool place... It was a summer camp and has a beautiful little beach on a pond... can even have guests for the weekend and a bonfire after the reception... Very casual but super good people and the pricing is awesome... 
    They have a new manager that is really getting it together... Drew i think is his name   ..
    it is in Bournedale... which is on the inland side of the cape too... so no bridges to cross... 
    We are planning my parents 40th anniversary party/ reunion there for next year and i am excited... they even have paddle boats and kayaks to borrow and great swimming and fishing... 
  • cdream05cdream05 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at Harbor Point and the food was amazing :) I loved it and our guest loved it too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards