Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Desperately looking for beach wedding venue

My finance' and I have been looking for a venue to hold a beach wedding and clam bake after. We wanted to rent a beach house and hold everything there. We are having a very hard time finding a vacation property that will allow small gatherings. Only about 35 - 40 ppl. Any help in this area soooooo appreciated!

Re: Desperately looking for beach wedding venue

• http://www.clambakesetc.net/links.html#venues

Ask about the Bovey house it is beautiful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_desperately-looking-for-beach-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:94Discussion:0f7e9349-abff-4245-90f3-1d5789f79a81Post:9c724665-6737-4258-99b7-6c38b5bef593">Desperately looking for beach wedding venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]My finance' and I have been looking for a venue to hold a beach wedding and clam bake after. We wanted to rent a beach house and hold everything there. We are having a very hard time finding a vacation property that will allow small gatherings. Only about 35 - 40 ppl. Any help in this area soooooo appreciated!
    Posted by rhondacooke[/QUOTE]

unfortunately your going to have a hard time finding this. this is exactly what i am doing, and i got lucky enough to have a family friend with a house right off the beach let us use their place.  I did a lot of research before that offer and its close to impossible to find a rental that will and is able to hold over 30-40 ppl for a party. hate to be a party pooper about it, but from what ive read on here and have found for myself is that doesnt really happen due to liabilty. :(
  • I've heard of some people having success with renting a private house as long as you carry your own liability insurance, especially if you're serving alcohol. I actually had to purchase a liability policy in order to get married on the beach in Brewster, (we went with wedsafe.com because our insurance company rec'd them.) I'm looking for the older posts about renting houses and I'll update here if I can find them. 
  • I've been looking for the same thing. You can find venues but they get very pricey. I was on homeaway.com and found some nice houses right by the beach but everything was already rented out for aug of 2012 so i pushed the wedding to aug of 2013. Let me know if you guys find annything and I'll do the same. Good luck
  • I wanted to rent a home for my wedding but when our guest list hit 150 my parents really didn't want to have to deal with all the vendors without a venue coordinator.  You can definetly find a place but it isn't cheap.  A couple places I really liked were the Captain Heman Smith House (I think it is in Orleans), the Winslow Estate (also in Orleans), which are both on the water, but not on the beach.  The Hedgebound Estate in Truro is also very nice but is not on the water, however, there is a lighthouse in Truro where you can get married on a cliff overlooking the water.  These are probably cheaper early or late in the season.  The Casual Gourmet catering company had some suggestions as well.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards