Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Sunday wedding

I have a question.  It was just brought up to me by my FSIL.  Will there be any legal issues with getting married on a sunday? In Massachusetts?

Re: Sunday wedding

• edited December 2011
    There shouldn't be. Can't imagine why there would.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the response.  Will there be an issue if we aren't getting married by someone from the church?  We want to have one of our friends get ordained and marry us.  FI's late father married him and his wife.  So we thought it would be a nice idea to have him marry us.
  • edited December 2011
    Depends on where you get married. We're having a friend marry us, he got the one-day certificate from the state. But we're not getting married in a church, and I suspect that if you are, the church would have objections maybe to someone not ordained/affiliated performing the ceremony. Esp the Catholic church, cause they just look for sh!t to get upset about. (I am catholic so I know of what I speak!)
  • edited December 2011
    We arent actually getting married in a church.  We're getting married at his families golf course.  Which is also where he proposed.  I was just wondering when we'd have to put in the paper work, and if marriage documents are time sensitive.  If we get married on the 10th of October it'll be Columbus day weekend and the offices wont be open the next day. 
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and congrats on getting married in four days!!  How excited are you??
  • edited December 2011
    The officiant has to sign the marriage license and then either drop it off or mail it to the town hall where you got it originally. That is usually done after the wedding so the fact that you're getting married on a long weekend doesn't really matter. he/she will just send it in on Tuesday. Not a big deal, you will still be married! Thanks! I can't believe it's actually this weekend. Surreal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards