Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Wedding Vendor Reviews- 8/25/2012

Friday Festivities

Clambake:

PTOWN PARTIES

We worked with Dave to put together a clambake for 50 on the beach in North Truro at the Top Mast Resort.  Everything was perfect down to the bonfire and smores bar.  The food was amazing and there was a team of about 5 taking care of everything from serving wine and beer, to chowder serving and finally with the actual clambake.  Would recommend them to anyone.  Everyone was raving about it!

BE OUR GUEST PARTY RENTALS

We used BE OUR GUEST for the Clambake rentals.  The selection is better than others but not cheap.  We had moroccan tables with white linens and nautical pillows for people to sit on during the clambake.  It was the perfect set up to turn a casual beach clambake into an upscale beach clambake.  We worked with Dyane out of the Sandwich location.

Saturday Festivities:

OFFICIANT

We used Kathleen Geagan of Soulful Ceremonies.  It was perfect for us.  She created a very unique and special ceremony including readings I'd never heard about.  We gave her a theme and she created the entire ceremony.  Even the guests thought it was extremely touching and unique and loved it.

PHOTOGRAPHY

AVA MARIE PHOTOGRAPHY

Highly recommend Kayti Harper for wedding photography.  She's got a great perspective and since she's off Cape she is a better value than most Cape photographers.   

FLOWERS

FLOWERS BY MARY

Mary is wonderful- the most important thing was that she used whatever flowers were the freshest (in this case light green hydrangeas).  My flowers were still blooming more than a week later.  

HAIR AND MAKEUP

SILOUETTE

A team came to our house to take care of all the ladies.  Everyone looked elegant rather than cheesy.  My makeup came out better than my New York City hair dresser who does shoots for Vogue.  Definitely recommend them!

TENT

SPERRY TENTS

Sperry Tents are worth the extra money.  Everything in the tent and outside the tent looked so elegant, I wouldn't recommend going anywhere else.  Additionally, Drew came to the house himself to measure and ended up coming up with a completely different but unique plan than we were planning.  Highly recommend going with Sperry Tents.

CATERING:

PARTY GIRLS CAPE COD

Definitely recommend using Brenda Diaz.  She has a unique but elegant approach to catering.  She was able to create a unique and flavorful menu based on our needs and was open to including courses that weren't on her other menus.  To give you a better idea our menu included gazpacho, stuffed zucchini blossoms with an herb salad, lamb chops with a fig glaze, and tuna with a mango salsa.  We wanted to incorporate as much of Cape Cod and local and seasonal foods as possible and she definitely delivered!  People loved the food!  She was also able to coordinate bartending, and the servers were extremely attentive throughout the evening.

CAKE:

DELICIOUS DESSERTS

Their cakes are amazing.  She will only make larger cakes up to a certain dimension so she uses two smaller halves to make a larger one so unlike many cake vendors where the larger cakes are much more dry hers won’t be.  Literally, I was eating leftover cake more than a week later and it was still pretty fresh.  I also liked how she was able to create so many different flavors.  We had chocolate with coconut cream frosting and on the top tier of the cake we had lemon with raspberry filling- tasted like pink lemonade!

SWEET TABLE:

NATA'S NOODLES

In the Italian tradition we had a traditional sweet table with mini desserts, cannoli’s, cookies, chocolate strawberries, etc.  It went quick to say the least!

WINE SERVICE:

MAIN STREET WINE AND GOURMET

Heather Tarter was amazing.  She picked out wines for each course based on our menus and we tasted all of them before committing.   She also was able to drop off the wine making it a lot easier on us.

PARTY RENTALS:

BE OUR GUEST:

BE OUR GUEST has gorgeous items- and a great selection for Cape Cod themed weddings.  They are more expensive though than a lot in the area, so something to keep in mind.  But loved the selection and would highly recommend using them again

INVITATIONS/MENUS/PLACE SEATING ETC:

PREPPY PAPERIE

Found Ashley on Etsy- loved her work and perfect for Cape themed wedding.  She’s also very affordable considering the high quality work she puts out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards