Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Rent or Buy?

We just received our rental quote from UnderCover Tent for linens, plates, glassware, and flatware (for 75 peeps) and it was about $1,000. Any advice on whether to buy or rent? My fear in purchasing everything is getting stuck washing it!

Thanks!

Re: Rent or Buy?

• CCBride2012CCBride2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of people have this dilemma when doing tented events/weddings.  Logistically, you should rent.  There are a lot of things you won't think about neededing for your wedding reception that Undercover will when doing your rental order - like salt and pepper shakers for each table, coffee service stuff, etc.  Also, for 75 people think about how many glasses you will need for the bar and on the tables for your place settings.  What are you going to do with 75 whtie wine glasses, 75 red wine glasses, and 75 water glasses IN ADDITION to all the glasses you will buy for the bar?  And 75 of each type of plate you will need?   Def go wtih renting. 
  • lsnicks19lsnicks19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And think about logistically...how are you going to get all of those things to your location. It's irritating to spend so much on something that you could probably buy. But realistically you won't use it again & this way you won't have to go through all of the drama of getting it there, cleaning it, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    have you tried Rentals Unlimited? I've been working with Becky Nye for my wedding 508-789-6687
  • edited December 2011
    How does pricing compare at Rentals Unlimited pp?

• edited December 2011
    Try tailor rental, they are great!
  • BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rent! They deliver! and at the end of it all your not stuck with all that stuff back at your house!
  • edited December 2011
    Having been in the unfortunate position of having to  set up 20 tables and tie up 150 chairs I wholeheartedly say RENT!!!! 
    Because then we had to go back and undo them all the next morning (early!!!) and drag it all home, wine stains and all... it just got ugly,  and wasteful... 
    She still has no idea of all the work I did for her! 
    They are still in my basement 2 years and a baby later and I can't get her to pick them up...and of course if i send them to Salv army she will want them back... 

RENT<<< daya think?
  • edited December 2011
    where are you...? Taylors is great on the upper cape too...
  • likelokelovelikelokelove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great feedback. I think I may rent the plates, glassware, flatware and purchase the linens.
  • edited December 2011
    Completely understand the concern with rental prices but the cost covers more than just the items - everything from delivery to set-up to clean-up & insurance. Weddings are an enormous amount of work and you will not want to stress about cleaning, storing and transporting the items after your big day - enjoy your day and pass off the heavy lifting ;)

Absolutely reach out to us at New England Country Rentals (www.NewEnglandCountryRentals.com) for any rental needs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards