Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Budget dilemma. Harbor Point Vs. DIY?

So my fiancee and i are cape cod locals paying for everything out of pocket. We want to go as afordable as possible. We have one option of having a reception at the Elks hall in Hyannis for 200+ 50 per bartender, thats affordable of course; Then wed have to find an uncrowded beach in hyannis for the ceremony. Wed pay for all the food, set up all, coordinate all etc. My problem? im terrible at planning, coordinating, being craetive etc. The idea of it is quite overwhelming. 2nd plan....Harbor point. Online it seems afordable, wed have about 75 people, but i see they charge a room charge for under 135.

Could any harbor point brides tell me how much they spent? if they enjoyed it? etc.

Also any tips or advice for an affordable cape cod wedding are appreciated. Thanks so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker 121image #Invited
108image # Are ready to party!
6image # Are going to miss out!
7image # Haven't responded!
RSVP Date: May 30, 2012

Re: Budget dilemma. Harbor Point Vs. DIY?

• edited December 2011
    I can't help you with the venue because I am having mine in Maine but I am definitely planning on hitting up these boards for used wedding stuff- you could save a ton buying from someone else and people sell their stuff on the boards all the time. Also, look into vendors who aren't located on the Cape but will travel there for a reasonable fee, or none, if possible.
    Hope that helps.... Good luck!
  • shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hire a day of coordinator to help you plan it at the Elks...But Harbor Point is great also!
  • BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    edited December 2011
    Im getiing married at Harbor Point on Sunday, If you have over 105 people they dont charge the 1000 rental! and I love there are absolutly no hidden fees. Im paying 32 per person and only 10 per child. We are right at the 105. Ive loved working with them, but stay tuned for my final review after the wedding!
  • BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    edited December 2011
    Go with Harbor Point! I had my reception there last night & it was absolutly amazing, the food was amazing, the place was amazing.... everything! Highly recommend! I wouldnt have changed it for the world!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards