Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

AFFORDABLE Florist recommendations

Hi Ladies,

I am currently on the search for a florist. I originally was planning on doing my own flowers with my sisters, but we're starting to reconsider, especially since we're using hydrangea as our centerpieces, which wilt and die very quicky and it would be extremely hard to keep them alive.

SO I'm looking for recommendations for an affordable florist. The reception is in Falmouth if that matters. 

Any suggestions are appreciated! :)

Re: AFFORDABLE Florist recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sue of Hobart's fine florals does a great job and will work with your budget.  She also grows a lot of her own hydrangeas.  Did a shower for us last year and they were just gorgeous. Sweet person too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd have to think every florist on the Cape can do hyndrangeas-- they are such a "Cape-y" flower. We used Karen Bryden at Petals by the Sea. She was very good at working within our budget. There were a few tiny discrepencies between what I thought we had talked about and what we got, but looking back maybe I wasn't that specific or misunderstood. Either way, only I would have noticed the differences and the main flowers were gorgeous and much cheaper than others I contacted.
  • Options
    GBroc22GBroc22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Meredith Fancy
    http://www.flowersbyfancy.com/

She's been doing it for a very long time, is very flexible, and her prices were among the most reasonable I saw in on the Cape.  She was very easy-going when we met.  Our wedding is in June, so I can't vouch for her work with our wedding, but she does have good reviews :)
  • Options
    shimmer6855shimmer6855 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Wedding Flowers by Nichole out of Bourne.  She has been great so far – very creative and really willing to work with my budget.

http://www.weddingflowersbynichole.com/

I was originally going to use Hobarts but I found her very unprofessional.  First she forgot about my appt (drove 2 hours to get there!). I decided to pursue using her because her reviews were so great.  We emailed back and forth a few times and then a month later got an email from her that she couldn’t work with us b/c her son was getting married on my date. Tremendous waste of time!
    bride and groom 2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    edited December 2011
    Karen Bryden, Sue Hobart or Stacey of SImply Weddings 

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Simply-Weddings/146535078717694 

.they are all fun to work with, very creative and will work within your budget.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Sue Hobart is OUTSTANDING!!! She is quirky and lovely and very creative!! Very reasonable on cost too!!!

Believes, Hopes, Endures
    Love Never Fails...
    May 26, 2012
    Grand Cayman Island
  • Options
    cdream05cdream05 member
    edited December 2011
    Jane from Marshfield Florists :)

She did our flowers and they were beautiful!! She also traveled to Hyannis, Brewster & Cummiquid to deliver them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards