Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Falmouth Area Hotels

Does anyone know of any hotels in Falmouth that are NOT a 2 night min. stay?  I have been checking places online at lot of them seem to be a 2 night minimum.  We are getting married the 1st weekend in June - we'll need 2 nights, but there are family members just looking for an overnight stay.  Any suggestions?

Re: Falmouth Area Hotels

• BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im pretty sure the Falmouth Inn allows one night stays, but I wouldnt recommend anyone stays there. Maybe you could offer an option in Bourne or Hyannis that would just be for one night?
  • edited December 2011

Hi, sorry i can't be much help but wanted to share my sympathy, I'm looking for the same thing, most all places, especially during peak summer season, will require a 2 night minum.
    All i can say is it can't hurt to  call and ask if they would make an exception for your wedding guests even if the website says 2 night min.
    good luck.

• edited December 2011
    Im  not sure if this helps but I was married in Falmouth last July and used the Inn on the Square and the Holiday Inn.  Both allowed my guests to book one night, however, my wedding was on a Friday. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Many places with two night minimums will allow you to secure rooms in a block for one night if you sign a room minimum contract. The will probably give you a 70-80% attrition clause in the contract- meaning if your guests end up taking under 70/80% of the rooms you are billed for the outstanding rooms. Usually guests will book where you tell them you are blocked so I wouldn't be worried about the block being filled, especially if you go more conservative with the amount of your contracted room nights.
  • edited December 2011

I ran into this problem too. I felt there was no way I could force my guests to stay for 2 nights. We were able to get a one night option at a hotel in Hyannis, after some negotiating and agreeing to host our rehearsal dinner there. We are getting married on a Friday in June. So it took some persistence but we were able to work something out so everyone is happy. Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    The only place we could find, for Columbus Day weekend, was the Mariner Motel. They allowed like, 6 rooms without a 2 night min, but I think in the end they let more do it for just one night. Inn on the Square was really inflexible-- nice hotel, but not so into customer service and going the extra mile or anything. 
  • kmurph286kmurph286 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I ended up checking out the list of hotels on Falmouth Visitor's website.  There were quite a few motels that didn't say a minimum stay was needed.  I just want my guests to have options in case.

Any recs for a bride & groom stay? 2 night min obviously doesn't matter for us- I'm staying at my parent's house in the heights the night before but he will be in a hotel so whatever one we pick will be for night of too.

• edited December 2011
    Inn on the Square was the nicest one we found. Like I said, they weren't overly accomodating (like, they didn't offer us an upgrade or free night or anything, even though we booked about 15 rooms on an Oct. weekend and they knew we were the bride and groom-- I mean, I showed up in a wedding dress!! BUT, I'm sure H didn't mention it when he checked in either, b/c he's like that. So maybe it's not their fault. Our basic room was fine and nice, but if you are looking for something special you could upgrade to a nicer room. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We were leaning towards Inn on the Square - it was between that or Sea Crest. Thanks!!!!!

• BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Holiday Inn? I was going to have my room block with them when I was planning a Falmouth wedding & they were really nice.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holiday Inn was $270 a night and I believe it was a 2 night stay as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards