Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Wedding Dress-Pressing?

Does anyone know of a dry cleaners on the Cape that is reputable for having a wedding dress pressed? or even if its off-cape...?  Thanks!

Re: Wedding Dress-Pressing?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i posted this same query a couple of weeks ago and got no response. My FMIL asked a seamstress friend of hers, who recommended Princess Cleaners. However, they quoted me upwards of $95. Sposabella does their own pressing and gave me ballpark of $50 to 125, depending on the dress. Chantilly's won out, not only b/c of the glowing reviews of their customer service, but also b/c they quoted me $50-75.

HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sposabella is great! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, thanks for the information!  I also need to look for a place to get my dress pressed.  I'll have to give Chantilly's a call this week.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    jeniboujenibou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    will they press the gown even if you did not buy it there?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I THINK I plan on going to Cape Cod Alterations (http://www.capecodalterations.com/) to add my bustle and press my dress. They were recommended through a friend, and although we don't know too much we were impressed when we stopped in for a visit. They're located in Centerville, and I think she said they would press my dress too. I've had my dress at home for a while since I bought it off-Cape, and the place I bought it didn't have a great reputation for alterations. If anyone else has used Cape Cod Alterations, let me know!
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenibou -

I also emailed Chantilly's and Sposabella. They will press even if the dress is not purchased at their store.  They both quoted me about the same price (between $50 and $100), if anyone has any experiences with either, feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Of course, my mother thinks this is unnecessary, because she has bought a steamer.....yikes
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm going with Chantilly's just b/c of the customer service reviews - there's even an old thread comparing Chantilly's and Sposabella and the reviews were overwhelmingly in favor of Chantilly's. That said, it probably doesn't matter for dress pressing.

One thing that might  matter for you is that Sposabella said they could do it in 1 day, whereas Chantilly's requested 3 days. This didn't matter for me, but may for some.

HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sposabella Bridal does excellent pressing.
  • Options
    Deege4everDeege4ever member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have a recommendation for pressing in Falmouth? Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards