Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Just starting to plan a Cape wedding

I am trying to help my daughter and her partner.  They both want a beach side wedding and want it to be fun and affordable for all their guests.  There will be about 30 people.  The dream would be Chatham Inn but their room rates are too high.  Anyone know of some really nice B&B in the area.  And is anyone using a wedding planner they could recommend?

Re: Just starting to plan a Cape wedding

• Options
    You could do the Inn on a weekday and save alot...
  • Options
    Room rates for the event, or for guests?  We had guests stay toward a less expensive area on the Cape - there are some hotels toward Dennisport, Harwich, and Hyannis that will do reasonable room rates/blocks for guest, but you'll need to call them way in advance to set up the arrangements for your guests, given Cape demand.
    As far as a fun beach side wedding, what about the Poppenessett (sorry for my spelling) - toward Falmouth?  There's so many more places to stay and the location itself is quite fun and relaxed.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm in the planning process for a cape wedding as well - want the beach, but don't have a big wallet!! Places I'm in the process of investigating that are affordable:
    Harbor Point Restaurant
    Flying Bridge Restaurant
    Beechmoor at Mass Maritime
    Orleans Inn

I think there are some places closer to/in Ptown - especially for a same sex marriage might be great too. Good luck :)
  • Options
    There is always the Light House Inn on the water in West Dennis right next to West Dennis Beach.  There's a spot behind the in on the water for a ceremony and you could always have a tent for outside, or they that functions inside as well.  Harbor Point has water/marsh views but no beach.  Although it's a very nice spot. My son and daughter in law reception was there.  They were married in a church in Harwich, we drove down to one of the beaches in Harwich for pictures, then off the the reception.  That may be an option for you.

Good Luck 
  • Options
    If they are looking for a makeup artist I am using liz from makeup artistry inc.  She is out of Hingham but travels all over, including cape and islands.  Good luck with the planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards