Massachusetts-Cape Cod

DJ Chris Baker is GREAT!

I wanted to write a post about DJ Chris Baker because he made our wedding spectacular! We were married October 2, 2010 at Wychmere Harbor on the Cape. For me, the music was as important as the reception hall, the dress and just about everything else. I have a great family and a great group of friends that love to dance as does my husband, so we really wanted someone who would work with us, listen to what type of music we like and then get everyone dancing! Chris was the man! We had people there of all ages 6 years old to 70 years old and he made sure to mix it up so that everyone was hearing what they loved. At one point I looked around and just about every seat was empty because everyone was dancing. He makes it easy for you to organize the music for the reception and if you need advice he's very helpful.  We gave him some of the songs we (my husband and I and our parents) wanted played, all the songs were played and did such a great job of seeing what kind of music we liked and just played all the right stuff. He has been doing this a long time and it is so apparent as you watch him work through the night. At the end of the night one of my Dad's friends offered to pay extra to keep the music going but alas our time at the reception hall was over :) so we had to call it a night! He is a good guy and if you want to talk more about it - just post a reply and I'll make sure to check back.  Hope this helps for all you brides to be looking for music. And make sure to have fun at the wedding--it goes by so fast!!

- Liz

Re: DJ Chris Baker is GREAT!

• edited December 2011
    he's gotten mixed reviews on here in the past, but i guess it's nice to see positive feedback, even if you do sound like a vendor. 

any other vendor reviews from your recent wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there - I promise I'm not a vendor.  As for other reviews sure - We were married at Holy Trinity Church, which I know is not a vendor but if you are Catholic, they were great and made the day easy. We also used Chris Cook for our photographer - he took great pictures and we received our proof book as promised within about a month. He also makes it easy for friends / family to order pictures online if they want a professional one. Wychmere Harbor was about as awesome as a reception site can be. I grew up when it was Thompson's clam bar (which for non-Cape Cod folks was a well known family restaurant for years). They turned into a private function site years back and they are actually renovating again. I loved the feel of the place and hope they don't change too much. Karen Rood is the wedding coordinator there and literally held our hand the whole planning process. She is a gem and anyone who has worked with her I'm sure will say the same thing. And our flowers were by New England Gardens. They came highly recommended by several friends of our family and we received so many compliments on the arrangements and bridal bouquets. We were so happy with everyone we used. We used all Cape based vendors and they each provided a high level of service. I grew up spending summers on the Cape and my wedding was really about as perfect of a day that we could ask for. If you have any questions - I promise I'm not a vendor, just a bride who thought Chris Baker was great and deserved the praise. Seriously, we never stopped dancing! Let me know if you have any other questions. We looked at several reception sites and talked with a bunch of vendors for different things. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards