Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Newly Engaged... looking for venue advice

Hi everyone,

I am newly engaged and new to the knot.   I am  hoping for some good venue advice as I am completely overwhelmed with all of the choices!! We are going back and forth with dates/ seasons but think we want to have the ceremony and reception at the same place in June of next year. Ideally I would like to get married on the beach but would also consider a garden/ outdoor ceremony.  We just really want the ceremony and venue to be beautiful. Of course we want the food to be good too :)

We are looking to have a smaller wedding of around 125 guests and have a budget of around 30k.  Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Newly Engaged... looking for venue advice

• ARez726ARez726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are having only our ceremony at Heritage Museums & Gardens, in Sandwich.  This is their website: http://www.heritagemuseumsandgardens.org/wedding_and_functions. There is an option to have the reception on site, as well.  The coordinator there is AWESOME!  Good luck with your planning!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you want beach, the Poppanessett Inn at New Seabury could work for you. Especially if you are willing to have a day time wedding I think you could definitely do it for that  budget.

My venue, Ballymeade Country Club, is not beach but it's on a golf course and has lovely grounds. You could do it there in that budget as well and have the ceremony outside.

I'm sure there are a ton of others, those are just the two I looked at that I think would work. Good luck, and congratulations!
  • edited December 2011
    The Sea Crest in North Falmouth was recently renovated. I have not seen it, but you may want to check it out! You can get married on the beach, have your reception there and have all out of town guest stay there! Just a thought. I am getting married at Bourne Farm in Falmouth. We are having the ceremony and reception there. It will be a tented event, and  gives you the opportunity to pick and choose what you want to do to save money!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, also check out Beach Breeze Inn, also in Falmouth or North Falmouth. They do weddings right on the beach there, but not in the summer. So spring or fall.
  • AnnetteMPerryAnnetteMPerry member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all very much!! I will check them out!
  • edited December 2011
    Captain Linnell House in Orleans (linnell.com).  The beach is 1/2 mile away.  Or the grounds are available for the ceremony too.  The place is just lovely and the food outstanding.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the beach breeze inn too!!! we looked into having ours there but, we wanted an evening reception and the music has to be done by 8 or so if I remember correctly!
  • edited December 2011
    The Seacrest is being renovated I believe until about end of April. I think they reopen it in May. The other week my mom was there and the whole entranceway had been gutted out and ready to rebuild. We're having our rehearsal dinner there in the restaurant facing the ocean. The renovations were badly needed!
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • heather123006heather123006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    II am getting married at The Beachmoor Inn in Buzzards Bay Ma. It is right on the beach. THere is a max of 150 people. It is absolutely beautiful and very reasonably priced!!! It is perfect for a low key beach wedding here is the website beachmoor.com
  • edited December 2011
    Rachels Lakeside.  near hoarseneck beach.  Going there for pictures also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards