Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Harbor Point!

Hi there ladies!  We have yet to take a look here, but I just had a quick question about Harbor Point based on the pictures/video I have seen online and a post that I read here.  I forget who it was, but someone said that it didn't have a ballroom feel...is that because the ceilings are so low?  Right now this is on the top of our list of possibilities (well, 2nd to the top on mine, I prefer the Coonamessett), but we are both quite tall and so are our families so I am concerned that low ceilings will make us feel really boxed in!  I plan on calling them tomorrow to set up a time to come take a look, but thought I would see what you all had to say about it first!

Thanks a bunch and hope you are all having a great Sunday (even though it's rainy here on the Cape!)

Re: Harbor Point!

• edited December 2011
    go with the coonamessett.... i've been to both.    harbor point is dated.....small.and coonamesett is grande.  you'll love it!
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding there in April and I took a lot of photos too. If you would like to see them, let me know. I'd agree that the decor is somewhat dated, but that sort of comes with the great price you're getting.  I didn't feel like the ceilings were especially low. The long walls of large windows all along the one side make it feel very open. Definitely not a fancy "ballroom" type room though if you're looking for that type of thing. I went with it because I'm having a smaller and fairly casual style wedding, it was very affordable,  and it has a pretty view of the marsh and ocean in the distance (and also access to a beach nearby to take photos).
  • bpcmarjbpcmarj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your input!!  We will be taking a look there soon, but if you guys wouldn't mind sharing your picture that would be wonderful:)
  • BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If money isnt an object Id go with the coonamesset, for me they were personally just out of my budget. I would have had to trim a lot that I didnt want to trim. I am getting married September 2011 at the Harbor Point and I love the look of it. Its not your typical square room with round tables. It has more character, but thats just in my opinion. Both places are good for their own reasons!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello I am hoping that a Harbor Point bride can help me out.  I want to go look at the restaurant for an August 2012 wedding and I can't get a hold of anyone.  I am using the number that is on the website.  I have called all different days and times and the phone just rings.  I also e-mailed the website and got no response.  It looks like it is in our budget and exactly what we are looking for but I live in NY and really need to get a hold of them to make an appointment.  Does anyone have another phone number or contact for Harbor Point?  Thanks!!!!
    Married to my best friend!! 8/19/12
  • edited December 2011
    Got a different number and going there this weekend.  If anyone has photos they could share that would be great.  Thanks!!
    Married to my best friend!! 8/19/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards