Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Hotel and Transporation Insert

Hello fellow knotties!  I'm getting married on Cape Cod in September
and they do not allow for hotel room blocks as it is their "on season".
We are providing transportation from the downtown area where there
are a few hotels that we have recommended for out of town guests to
stay.  We were thinking of including an insert with our invitations 
asking which hotel guests were staying and if they will be utilizing the transporation provided so we can try and get a head count and
also put some OOT bags together.  They would then send the card
back with the reponse.  Has anyone ever done this? If so, any reccomendations on the wording for this?

Re: Hotel and Transporation Insert

• edited December 2011
    Maybe something like:

Accommodations:

We recommend any of the following hotels for your stay in (town) and will be providing complimentary shuttle service to and from downtown (town). Please indicate on your RSVP if you're planning an overnight stay at any of these hotels or any nearby.

(expensive inn)
    (address, phone number)
    (website)

(less expensive big hotel)
    (address, phone number)
    (website)

(the cheapest option)
    (address, phone number)
    (website)

You can also wait until you start getting RSVPs and follow up from there, for out of town folks (that is, if you don't have many - that could be a big chore otherwise!). 
  • par31par31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi
    We did something similar to this. We put an important information card listing the transportation we are offering for both out of town and non out of town guests as we are getting married on the beach and there is limited parking we have asked people to park at the reception site and we will have shuttle service from the hotels and reception site,with the name of the two hotels we could get a block of rooms at  ,on the card we asked that you please write the name of the hotel you are staying at on the back of the RSVP card and either a day of email or cell phone number that we can reach you at in case the ceremony needs to be moved in doors. On the RSVP card we have the following 2 lines under the will and will not attend
    Will ______ use Trolley Service
    Will not______use Trolley Service
  • XmasSweetie24XmasSweetie24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First I have to ask where are you getting married on the Cape that the hotels do not want to give you a room block? The Cape is very seasonal and I would think they would jump at the chance to have any business they could since most hotels close for the winter.

Second I would have to agree with Par31 having a spot on the rsvp card for the hotel name and if they will use the transportation sounds best. And it will encourage your guests to make their reservations sooner then later :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards