Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Sound

We are getting married in Brewster, at Linnell Landing Beach.  FI's and my grandparents and my dad are all hard of hearing, so I need to be able to magnify the sound, and have an outlet to play recorded music.  The problem is, we have no power access.  

We could possibly run the power out of our car, or a generator.  I'm worried that it will be too loud.  Does anyone have any other ideas, or been to weddings on the beach without power sources?  

Any options or opinions would be great! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sound

• CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our officiant, Faith Lavender, has a podium that she reads from that has a microphone and speaker in it. Maybe your officiant could have something like that, or even the dj you're using for your reception (if you're having a dj) might have an idea?

BTW, you actually recommended that beach to me for my pre-wedding pics and FI and I checked it out last weekend. It's gorgeous! Has so many elements in such a small space, short boardwalk, some dunes, great view of the bay and the beach. I remembered your ceremony is close to high tide, and I think there will be enough room for you and your guests as the tide is rising. Not having a bunch of rows could help your guests hear better anyway. The good news is it's far from the road and really quiet. I think it will be perfect!

Good luck! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for responding, and i'm soooo glad my recommendation has helped you!  FI and I actually went to a wedding today on the beach in Rehoboth DE.  they didn't use any power sources.  a couple of good things came out of this: 1)the same pastor is marrying us, he has a VERY loud voice and i could hear every word he said.  2) we sat in the back, so sound does travel.  3) the bride and groom were a little quiet, but i think knowing that, we will hopefully remember to speak up a little.  

the podium isn't a bad idea, but our pastor doesn't use anything like that, and they still wouldn't have power.  looks like we might be able to get away without using anything.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards