Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Rustic/Barn/Unique Venues??

Hello all!

Newly engaged and already looking into our October 2012 wedding!!  We are looking into venues with a capacity of about 125-150 in the Southeastern MA/Boston/Rhode Island area that are unique and not the typical function hall/country club setting.  We really like the rustic barn/country look (exposed wood, stone, etc).  Since it will be October, we'd also prefer not to use a tent.  We'd also like to keep budget in mind.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Re: Rustic/Barn/Unique Venues??

• edited December 2011
    Try Smith barn at Brooksby farm in Peabody MA. I love this place. We did a farm wedding but it was tented. You might want to check it out anyways, Bourne Farm in Falmouth
  • clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't seen it in person, but came across it when looking for options for our wedding... The Overbook House in Buzzards Bay. It's just before the Cape. 

• amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Check out Red Lions Inn in Cohasset. Its beautiful there and I hear great things about it! 

Here's a link to a bunch of photos of some photographer (I just googled for photos and this is what came up):

• edited December 2011
    Bittersweet Farm in Westport, MA is gorgeous and unique!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're using the Madera Ballroom at The Villa in Bridgewater for our October 2011 wedding... it isn't country, but it is certianly different! It does have exposed beams, wooden ceiling, wood floor, and a 12 foot brick fireplace at each end!

http://www.saphireeventgroup.com/gallery/
  • edited December 2011
    My sister had her wedding at Bittersweet Farm and she had a great experience! 
  • edited December 2011

Hi all-thanks for all the suggestions.  We went to look at Bittersweet Farm and really liked it but are concerned about several things: size of the dance floor, split level seating, etc.  Robyn, how was this at your sister's wedding?  Did people complain about going up to the bar/down to the bathroom?

• edited December 2011
    We didn't hear any complaints about having to go up and down stairs. 

The balcony area was a concern, but my sister had our cousins and their friends upstairs so they could be a little more relaxed and away from the older relatives. They just stood up for the dances and we didn't hear any complaints about that either. The balcony and stairwell actually make for some interesting angles for photography and entrances and she didn't need to do much for decorating because the tumbleweeds were lit.

My sister's wedding was about 130 people and the dance floor felt like it was just the right size. 
  • edited December 2011
    Love the suggestions! The Overbrook House and Red Lion Inn are both lovely venues, would also consider Bourne Farms in Falmouth. They have stunning grounds and a great barn. 

Absolutely reach out to us at New England Country Rentals (www.NewEnglandCountryRentals.com) for any rental needs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards