Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Options for Nauticus Marina (or other venues that requre you to end your wedding early!)

Hi again!
Has anyone had their wedding at Nauticus Marina...we're a few days away from finalizing that, and are just learning that their receptions have to end around 8:30 p.m.  Can anyone shine any light on this? Any specific ideas of where to hold an after party or bonfire are greatly appreciated!

Also, if anyone has any suggestions, hints, or experiences from Nauticus, we'd love to hear them!

Thank you so much!! :)

Re: Options for Nauticus Marina (or other venues that requre you to end your wedding early!)

• Soccergal13Soccergal13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations.
    My fiance and I LOVED Nauticus, but our only hang up was the 8:30 finishing time.
    I think they do have some bars around the area you could go to after, but I was not a fan of paying the $7,000 rental fee to have our wedding end at 8:30PM.

A good thing about that is your guests (if they are local) can drive home after the wedding (because it is early enough) so they dont have to pay for a hotel room.

If you do end up booking there I highly suggest you look at Cape Gourmet-their food is AMAZING!

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    When we were considering an earlier reception (which we decided against) we were thinking about doing a booze cruise after. Just a thought :) 
    Photobucket
  • GBroc22GBroc22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I can't find Cape Gourmet online...I've been talking to Casual Gourmet (that's not what you meant, is it?).  A booze cruise is a little more formal than what we had in mind.  We were thinking a bonfire would be awesome, or a bar that has a private room.

Man, I'm so disappointed.  When we went to look at Nauticus, nobody ever mentioned the end time.  The only reason we know of it is because the caterer told me yesterday...still has not been brought up by Nauticus! I was hoping someone on here would tell me it's not true! lol
  • Soccergal13Soccergal13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

wow, i am sorry, it is casual gourmet... olive is great.

The same thing happened to us, we went, we looked, we loved and then Olive dropped the hammer that it had to be over by 8:30 :(

What are you looking for in a venue?

• sueflosueflo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this is a bit random... but you might look at VRBO.com and see if you can rent a nearby house with a beach front where you can do the bonfire and after party.  I know all the osterville public beaches would forbid bonfires, but there are private places all around.  
    Last year there was a beautiful place on Menhaunt beach in falmouth that was rented out for that reason... they took it for the week and the whole family stayed there and then did the before and after party there... Might be worth a shot...

good luck!!!  
  • GBroc22GBroc22 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! We're looking for a casual venue, definitely outdoor and by the water.  We have looked at a lot of rental houses for the venue, but have struck out because they're either way over our budget, or not exactly the type of place we're looking for. 

The idea of the house with a private beach is great, but I'm not sure that we'll be able to afford it, after paying for the whole venue and everything.  It seems like a big added expense to have to budget for an after-party after we've put in so much for the "party" itself :)

Thanks for your help! Any other suggestions (for venue or after party!), are greatly appreciated!!!
  • clage22clage22 member
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you having at your wedding. I have been looking for houses myself to have my wedding at, but we have too many people. Depending how many people you have I could tell you if a house would work to rent to have your wedding at rather than Nauticus. The houses I have been looking at have been around 5,000 for the entire week. Might be a better option for a casual outdoor wedding than renting Nauticus for just one day. Even if you have to stop the music early for neighborhood reasons, maybe you could do a bonfire on the beach. Just a thought! Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards