Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Average Hair/Makeup cost??

Hi there, What is the average cost for hair/makeup? How about for on-location hair/makeup?

Trying to figure this all out.

thanks knotties. xoxo

Re: Average Hair/Makeup cost??

• ND2011ND2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They both really vary based on your vendors.  I've seen makeup anywhere from $100-300.  Hair depends on how far the stylist has to travel, what you are doing, etc. It's worth it to call around.
  • edited December 2011
    I would say average on Cape for both for bridesmaids are around $150 and around $200 for Bride. 
    Photobucket
  • hminer4hminer4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is going to be around $170 per bridesmaid and $350 for the bride for both hair and makeup and a trial run for me (the bride). This is for in-salon on the vineyard.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This really depends on where you go, what you have done, and if you want them to come to you or you to them. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed depends on where/who you go with the person I asked said $170 per BM and Bride was $200.
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    On location: $250 for the bride and $80 for each updo for the BMs.  FG was $80 for a ring of curls (she wore a circle of baby roses) MOB (me) was $70 for the blow out & styling.

Stylist came out from Boston with an assistant the morning of, arrived around 8 and was finished in about 3 hours.

Make up artist was a friend of the bride and did her makeup free (usually $250) as a wedding gift.  The BMs, MOB & FG's mom were $50 each so I think $350 + tip

We got coffee, bagels, pasteries, OJ, etc. for everyone and it was a fun experience for everyone involved.

ETA:  The wedding was semi destination and we didn't know anyone reliable in the area.  Hair stylist was the bride's regular from Boston
  • shimmer6855shimmer6855 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Bride Hair $150, Bride Makeup $100, Bridesmaids Hair $65, Bridesmaids Makeup $65.  I really shopped around and this was the most reasonable price I found for on-location hair & makeup. 

bride and groom 2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lindquistx33lindquistx33 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Christine hale from the look charges 75$ on site location and she is AMAZING!!! 508-243-6564 .. she also does the airbrush makeup which is great
  • edited December 2011
    Mine was $250.00 but I brought my own from home (Boston).That meant paying for a hotel room so take that into consideration too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards