Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Intimate destination wedding in Nantucket - entertainment question

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are from London (UK), and are close to putting a deposit down for a wedding and reception at the White Elephant on Nantucket for the week after Memorial day 2013.  We mainly decided to go away to get married to remove the stress and expense of planning a big UK wedding (rather naively), and so we can have a simple but elegant time away with our closest family.  As such I am keen to ensure there is enough planned over the 4 days we plan to be on the island to keep people entertained.  I am struggling a bit, so if anyone could help, these are my main questions/ concerns: 

1) Evening entertainment on the wedding day - there doesn't seem enough of us to get a band or DJ (I don't think there will be dancing infront of the just the 16 guests!) - so can anyone suggest other ideas, even off the property to make the evening special after we finish the meal?

2) The sundeck at the White Elephant would be our reception area - does anyone have any experience of this site?  I am mainly wondering if it would be too big/ inappropriate for only 16 people? (It's very hard to tell from the limited photos I have seen)

3) Other entertainment ideas that are open in the final week of May on Nantucket for during the daytime

Any other budget ideas for a small wedding on Nantucket would be appreciated, particuarly on my mind is how we can make the venue look less sparse with so few people without spending a fortune!

Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help!

Re: Intimate destination wedding in Nantucket - entertainment question

• A bonfire on the beach could be really fun after the wedding. We weren't able to have a bonfire, but we did put up tiki torches and had a volleyball net and ladder golf with some drinks out on the beach! It was a lot of fun :)
  • My cousin got married on Nantucket.  She didn't get married at teh white elephant, but that is such an amzing place!  Love it there! She had a beach wedding with a tent etc. but after she did the same thing with the tiki torches and they had a bar set up with a bartender and tables with white table cloths and a band on the beach.  The band was like frank sinatra/michael buble type of music.  It was just so relaxing and fun after the c raziness of the wedding. it was just close family and best friends.  i can't recall her photographer but i know her mua was a great girl who is based off nantucket but has some sort of connection to the island and did her makeup. liz fuller on the south shore. i can't reclal her conneciton to the island.  i'm getting married in november and am having her do my makeup.  so natural and beachy.  not overdone.  the whole thing was fantastic! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards