Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

More Cape Wedding Vendor Recommendations

We recently got married on the Cape and were lucky enough to have loved everyone who helped us with our wedding, so I thought I'd share & recommend these great people/places for anyone currently in planning mode...

Venue - Coonamessett Inn, Falmouth - See my description under the most recent Coonamessett Inn thread right below this one. It was abolutely the perfect venue.  We loved it here so much and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get married on Cape Cod.

Photography - Amanda Considine (Shoreshotz1 Photography) - I couldn't have asked for anyone better. Not only are the photos GORGEOUS, but Amanda is like having a close friend be there with you the whole time. She makes you feel comfortable, is so generous and helpful with her time and energy, prices are extremely reasonable (and for the incredible quality you can't beat it)... I can't say enough good things. And again, she is such a talented photographer. We loved her! :-)

DJ - Steve Binder - He was awesome :-)  Played just about everything we asked for, and some other perfect crowd-pleasers too... (even an extra song at the end when the wedding was "over" and everyone requested more!) Everyone I spoke with after the wedding raved about him. I literally did not stop dancing all night. And he wasn't one of those cheesy DJs either -- he said all the right things at the right times without going overboard. Very professional, great prices, and he made us a CD at the end of our special songs too. A really great guy.

Videographer - JMN Productions/Jim Nogueira - was a pleasure to work with; he was so nice and also unobtrusive with the filming during the wedding. We haven't seen the video yet but I know it will be great (his website has some nice samples on it). Prices are affordable too.

Justice of the Peace - Jeannette Jones - She is a warm, funny lady who made the whole process super easy and enjoyable.  She's been officiating weddings for a long time and has the whole process down to a science (without making it feel like one!). Kept me calm and smiling throughout everything!

Ceremony music - Lary Chaplan, violinist - He was such a nice guy, so accommodating and willing to arrange certain songs that weren't a traditional classical wedding ceremony piece. He's very experienced doing weddings and works with fellow musicians in a trio or quartet; all of them are amazingly talented and it made the ceremony feel magical to have them there.

Florist - Heritage Flowers & Balloons, Lakeville MA - it's near where I grew up and we've known the wonderful owner Darlene for years, so it was a no-brainer.  We got so many compliments on the flowers that Heritage put together for us.  Everything was beautiful, prices were great, Darlene is a pro and the nicest lady!!! It was a fun, collaborative process making the flower decisions with her, she was so helpful.

Cupcakes - Casual Gourmet - they work with the Coonamessett a lot of the time, which is how we ended up using them. The cupcakes were the most delicious I've ever had and many of our guests have been saying the same thing.  (They were beautiful to look at too!) and very nice people.

Rehearsal Dinner - Flying Bridge - was beautiful there, and the food was delicious!!  This was the perfect spot for the rehearsal dinner and everyone had a great time.

Hair/Makeup - Headlines Salon in Falmouth - everyone here was so nice, they let us order lunch and hang out like it was our own personal salon. Audra did my hair and Alyssa did my makeup and they were fantastic!!!

Re: More Cape Wedding Vendor Recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I;m getting married at the Coonemessett next month and I can't wait!!! Glad you had a wonderful day!!!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BamGBamG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem (and thanks)!!  You are going to have the best day there :-) Congrats!

P.S. We already got our video back from our videographer, JMN Productions (just one month later) and it is SO well done.  Jim is a great guy and great at what he does!!!  Highly recommended!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards