Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Flying Bridge Rehearsal Dinner

We had our rehearsal dinner there this past Friday evening, and it was absolutely perfect!!  The weather couldn't have been better, and the venue was everything we had hoped for and more.  Some details:

I had a lot of requests and items to be set up - centerpieces (pinwheels in patterned buckets with sand and flags of ship names); adirondack chairs with guest names and a starfish cookie bag on each along with a framed sign; playing cards on the tables; a large trifold display for an activity; kid's activity pails; a table for music and a welcome lifering and red napkins.  They set it up better than I could have imagined and it looked beautiful!  The staff was unbelievably attentive, getting drink requests, serving the food (it was a buffet, but they helped serve it) and just being available.  As for the food, we were exceptionally pleased.  We had the cheese and fruit appetizer, buffet with the grilled steak tips in mushroom sauce and cod, onion soup, fresh mixed veggies, caesar salad and strawberry shortcake and everyone was raving about the food - the steak tips WERE actually grilled and the shortcake homemade!!

The view was incomparable and our coordinator, Darlene, couldn't have been more helpful.  We did ask about what would happen if there was lightening, and Darlene said we we just be moved to the bar for a round of drinks until the lightening passed, so I was O.K. with that (we were on the deck under the tent), but the night was so gorgeous it was never an issue.

There were many other parties going on, but no one ever interefered with our gathering, and in actuality, we felt it added to the festive, party atmosphere - it's a hoppin' place!  Many of our guest just relaxed and took in the beautiful view as the evening wound down and some walked along the dock and commented on how perfect it felt.  We were a little nervous about having tiny ones (4 children) so close to the water, but they loved feeding the ducks some bread, and it kept them entertained.

I can recommend the Flying Bridge wholeheartedly for a rehearsal dinner - it was one of the highlights of a beautiful wedding weekend!  The reception was at the Coonamessett Inn, which was equally wonderful and attentive - no complaints here.  Hope this helps future brides................

Re: Flying Bridge Rehearsal Dinner

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards