Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Wedding Venues -- Martha's Vineyard

Hi Ladies -- I am in need of wedding reception recommendations...cost not being a factor.  Thanks!!!

Re: Wedding Venues -- Martha's Vineyard

• We're having our ceremony and reception at the Harbor View Hotel in Edgartown. The ceremony will be in the gazebo and reception held in the Edgartown room. Elizabeth, the coordinator, has been wonderful to work with so far. When will your wedding be?
  • HI Thanks so much for your advice/reply.....My fiance and I were originally planning on doing a destination carribean wedding, but for many reason we decided to go for a local destination wedding.  So thought this would be a nice/romantic option.  We do not have a date set but are thinking of August/Sept for wedding.

When is your wedding?  Have you actually seen the property?
  • Our date is May 12. Yes, we have seen the property. We have actually stayed at the hotel a few times,and we go to the island frequently. It is the oldest hotel on the island and is known as the "Grand Dame." They recently completed renovations, and it is beautiful! If you want, I can send you some pictures I took while I was there a few months ago. You can pm me your email address if you want. I will advise, that if you are looking for August or September of 2012, you will need to book soon. That is their high season, so most dates are already booked. High season on the island runs from May through October. For me, this venue was top choice, even before we got engaged. It is a short walk to shops and restuarants, and there is a lighthouse perfect for pictures. And the views are incredible!

• harbor view weddings are beautiful................ but I would recomend the Daniel Webster House or renting a large waterfront property/ estate, if money were not an object............. I just dont see goiong to the vineyard for a  destination wedding and getting married at a typical hotel..........not that they lack anything it is increidibly beautiful at the harbor view....... money is an object for us, but we were luckey enough to have a family friend who is letting us rent a big beautiful home on the water.
    http://www.mvvacationrentals.com/featured-rental?gclid=CIuC6rWfj60CFUio4AodNAKRGg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_wedding-venues-marthas-vineyard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:94Discussion:b13db906-fa7d-4214-babd-a7fc0d282855Post:3e94a87c-d0f4-4866-a291-9423948bf6a1">Re: Wedding Venues -- Martha's Vineyard</a>:
    [QUOTE]harbor view weddings are beautiful................ but I would recomend the Daniel Webster House or renting a large waterfront property/ estate, if money were not an object............. I just dont see goiong to the vineyard for a  destination wedding and getting married at a typical hotel..........not that they lack anything it is increidibly beautiful at the harbor view....... money is an object for us, but we were luckey enough to have a family friend who is letting us rent a big beautiful home on the water. <a href="http://www.mvvacationrentals.com/featured-rental?gclid=CIuC6rWfj60CFUio4AodNAKRGg" rel="nofollow">http://www.mvvacationrentals.com/featured-rental?gclid=CIuC6rWfj60CFUio4AodNAKRGg</a>
    Posted by caitgk88[/QUOTE]

Hotel locations are not for everyone, but it was right for us. We looked at other places. And weddings at this particular hotel are not neccessarily cheap. We were able to get a good deal though. Money is an object to us, too. Not everyone has a friend who can loan them a house on the water. There are plenty of options on the island, depending on your tastes, budget, and what you're looking for. I was merely describing what I loved about our choice of venue. And I will gladly do so about my other vendors.
  • LOVED my venue, The Beach Plum Inn. It is on a cliff overlooking Menemsha Beach. What's not to love? :)
  • We are having our reception at Farm Neck Golf Club, it is gorgeous!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • same here, Farm Neck Sept 2012.  I do believe every Saturday is booked for this year.  We booked a year in advance.
  • Innovar Homes has beautiful estate grounds for wedding for around 50-75 guests. The home is sleeps around 14 and the Winnetu Resort is next door for overflow. Chrissy handles reservations and she is very attentive. www.innovarhomes.com 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards