Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Help with reception site: willowbend/ocean edge

Hi, Any experiences with Willowbend and Ocean Edge (mansion ballroom or pavillion). I'm deciding between the two and would love to know how anyone's experience was -- what they liked/disliked about each place. At Willowbend, is the outdoor area roomy enough for a cocktail reception? I'll have about 150 people. Another concern is lodging, I will have many out-of-state guests. How was the lodging at Ocean Edge...pricewise? Did they require a two-night minumum. How many rooms could be blocked? Sorry, this turned out to be many more questions than I thought I had. Thanks in advance for any input!

Re: Help with reception site: willowbend/ocean edge

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi:

im having my wedding Sept 10th @ the Bay Pines Pavillion @ Ocean Edge.  They are very nice to deal with and seem to want to go above and beyond to make me happy (although I can say I am pretty easy going-just a few minor requests).  They do not require a two night minimum, although technically I am having my wedding on their "off season" as far as their room rates go.  The rates charnge (only for rooms/not the actual wedding expenses) after Labor day weekeend.  They did a block for me that ranges from 175-250.  The cheapest room runs about 225 with tax and the facility fee.  Hope that answers your questions......feel free to ask more!

Jessica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Ocean Edge (Carriage House) in July. If you can afford the Mansion Ballroom I say go for it! Not sure if you have been there in person, but I am 99% sure that with the ballroom you also get a huge section of their new rooftop terrace to yourselves as well. I was completely blown away by it, but that's just my taste I guess. As far as guest room prices, our wedding is the middle of the Summer and room prices are around $275 (that's the discounted rate) not incuding taxes and fees with no minimum night stay for the arbor villas. Any other room on property had a 3 night minimum for peak time in Summer. I guess it depends on when your wedding is. Most of our guests are staying in other area hotels or inns and are making a long-weekend vacation out of it at a more affordable place.  I have had a wonderful experience working with Jennifer at OE and I love that they build-in a wedding coordinator, as well as they cake, so that is a huge plus. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards