Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

What counts toward Wychmere minimum?

Hi Guys!

Just got engaged and looking at a lot of different cape venues. Currently considering Ocean's Edge, Lighthouse Inn, Chequessett Yacht Club and Wychmere (really still trying to figure out if we can afford it)

Does anyone know if you can count flowers toward their minimum? I saw something on a board that said bands can also count toward their minimum but I find that hard to believe. Also, if anyone has had a wedding at Chequessett Yacht Club in Wellfleet...where did your guests stay? Can't seem to get over the lack of good hotel options but maybe I am missing something.

Thanks!!!

Re: What counts toward Wychmere minimum?

• Options
    Not sure about flowers or bands being included in the minimum? All of the places you mention are gorgeous venues...but CYCC is awesome if you are looking for a true beach wedding.  I have seen a few really nice weddings there and the brides usually reserve blocks of rooms at the Even Tide & The Main Stay hotels....really I don't think there is much for fancy hotels out there...but it is Cape Cod casual...relaxing!  There are some beautiful houses that you can rent too. You could also look to stay out in Provincetown...the Provincetown Inn is really nice & right on the water (they do weddings there also).  I have seen alot of Brides use the town school bus company to bring guestsfrom the hotels to CYCC & then the bus is there to bring your guests home or out for more fun after your wedding....the town only allows them to have the receptions till 10.  THe beachcomber is a great after party place.
  • Options

The Wychmere minimum is an event minimum.  You cant put flowers, DJ, or photographer towards it as far as I know.  You can put transportation, linens, lighting etc towards the minimum.  Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards