Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Casual Gourmet Cake Costs...

I'm getting married at Coonamessett and they highly recommend (but do not require) the Casual Gourmet for the cake....

We had our tasting/meeting with the baker and I wasn't terribley impressed. The taste was decent but the prices are $3.75 a slice for a blank cake without any detail...... the same if you choose to do cupcakes.... $3.75/cupcake without any decoration or filling.  This seemed expensive to me..... ? Any other ideas? We really left very little budget for the cake as we are having desert served as well as a candy buffet... We were hoping to do just a small cake... but didn't realize the prices were that much.

Re: Casual Gourmet Cake Costs...

• edited December 2011
    I wasn't amazed with casual gourmets cakes either... Ok but nothing special.  

Try contacting Tammy Feldott at the scratch cake.... She does a fantastic job and they taste really great.  She mainly does cupcakes but does both...AND they are far and away the best TASTING anywhere for the price. 

Lisa raffaelle at deiicious desserts is another AWESOME baker and the cakes taste FANTASTIC... hers ar some of the best in the whole country and the prices sort of reflect that... but she does more simple stuff too.

Both of these bakers use ingredients from scratch and they dont taste fakie or too sweet... and both are EXCELLENT Bakers!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I've already contacted Tammy thanks to your advice! Hopefully I can cancel the Casual Gourmet....!
  • clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Tammy from the Scratch Cake for our wedding cake. Her prices are very reasonable and ours is less than $3.75 per slice with all of the decorations on it! We already had our cake testing and were thoroughly impressed. 
  • edited December 2011
    I felt the same way about Casual Gourmet, but I didn't realize that I could use another baker??? I am also getting married at the Coonamessett Inn and I thought we HAD to use CG???
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards