Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Old Sea Pines Inn/ The Cove

My fiance and I are thinking about staying at either Old Sea Pines or The Cove for our Honeymoon in July.  Anyone have any information good or bad about these two places.  We are looking for a nice beach and some good places to eat, maybe shop.  I am trying to figure out which place is close to any of these things.
Thanks for any and all your suggestions!
~Jayne

Re: Old Sea Pines Inn/ The Cove

• edited December 2011
    The Sea Pines is walkable to town, but I'm not so sure about beaches...  but I may be wrong.  And I'm not familiar with the Cove.

What kind of spot are you looking for?  DH and I spent our wedding night and the next night at the Captains House Inn in Chatham, and it was lovely.  We originally wanted to stay at the Carriage House Inn next door, but they were already booked.  I'd highly recommend both spots - they are charming, and you can walk in to downtown Chatham.
  • edited December 2011
    What are some nice spots in Downtown Chatham?  Do you know what the price range is for the places in Chatham that you mentioned?

We are looking just to relax on the beach but also go around to different places and have some fun walking, eating, shopping. 

Thanks for sharing.  I will have to look into those places.
  • jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our rehearsal dinner, and reception at Old Sea Pines (we're doing a destination wedding on the cape, so most of our guests will be staying there as well).  It is in Historic Brewster, and def. not walkable to the beach.  The nearest beach is MAYBE a 5 minute drive (check out Linnell Landing, Breakwater and Crosby's Beach) but it is kinda in the middle of nowhere.  if you want to be able to walk to things, I don't think OSP is the right place.  

That said, the rooms and location of the Pines are beautiful.  We just came back from a trip there.  Each room has its own historic/antique touch.  The rooms in the main house do not have cable/tv/internet.  It is a charming bed and breakfast.  I can't wait till we have our wedding weekend there. 

I hope that helps! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The Cove is also not walking distance to the beach.  It is on Rt 28, and also probably a 5 minute drive to the beach, but because it is on 28, it can sometimes be a not so relaxing drive to the beach.  Check out the Surf & Sand Motel (www.surfandsandmotel.com).  They are on the water in South Yarmouth, nice small beach, reasonably priced ($220-$230 a night in July I believe).  Hotel is not super fancy, but the rooms are big, they have efficiencies, and every room has an ocean view.  There's a small pub walking distance, and there are ways to get around the busy parts of 28 to get to places in Dennis and further out on the Cape without too much trouble.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards