Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Same sex elopement in Cape Cod area

Hey everyone! My fiance and I are planning our wedding for next June and are wanting to know if anyone offers an elopement package in cape cod area that are same sex friiendly. It's just goin to be us and our son and we live in Texas so we can't just go check places out. We are hoping to get married on the beach. Any information would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Re: Same sex elopement in Cape Cod area

• shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try the beach rose inn in Falmouth, or you could get an hour permit to get married at the nobska light house in Woods Hole.  Also lots of great Inns in Provincetown can help you arrange a small ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations... I don't know of any but there is a same sex website attached to the "weddings on cape cod" site... might be some help.  

• Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know nothing about elopement packages on the Cape, but you can pretty much get married on any public beach with a permit.
    Provincetown has the reputation for being the most same sex friendly, as it is a very popular vacation destination for same sex couples, though I am sure anyone on the Cape would make you feel right at home.

What type of ambiance are you looking for?  Each town is very different - some are more about boutiques on main street, some for the beaches and wine, and some for partying.
    Anniversary
  • clage22clage22 member
    edited December 2011
    I personally don't know of any places, but I know someone who went to a same-sex wedding in Provincetown and they said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. A large portion of that was due to the location, so I second Provincetown!
  • BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    edited December 2011
    Check out http://www.gayweddingsoncapecod.com/officiates You may be able to find an officant that would do the planning for you. I also agee, go with P-Town, but the entire cape is same-sex friendly, so if you see something else you like then go for it!
  • Woodland5Woodland5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how big your wedding is, but when I was looking at venues, I checked the Provincetown Inn. I didn't actually go there but when my fiance and I were checking we noticed that their website was same-sex friendly. P-town has the rep of it, but from what I've noticed the whole cape is pretty same-sex friendly. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    There is also a lovely little place in Sandwich Called the Belfrey Inn and Bistro that would be fantastic for a smallish family event... Great owner that I bet wold be helpful.  He renovated an old church into the Inn and it is mazing.  Just 7 rooms but you can have the whole thing to yourselves.  They have a sweet little courtyard for the ceremony and Sandwich is a very fun little walkabout village.   Google them up.. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards