Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

serious photographer problem

My cousin and her husband are fantastic photographers on the north shore. They do great work so I was going to see if they'd work our wedding and give us a little discount as a wedding gift (they offered a while ago but we never officially booked). Anyway, I just found out from my mom that they are filing for divorce!!

Long story short, I could really use some photographer advice from you guys... Thank you so much!

September 25, 2010!

Re: serious photographer problem

• Options
    luvoo41488luvoo41488 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Prices vary immensely, so what's your range?
    Photographers have different styles, what are you looking for?
    Could your cousin do it alone? Or if they are professionals, does she have any recommendations, either to work in tandem with or as a substitute?
    Check the vendor reviews people have posted, that's why they're there
  • Options
    CaitlinB516CaitlinB516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well the problem is that he owned the company and all the equipment they used. I also don't want to bother her right now so I think I'm on my own.

I have just started looking into pricing and it's really hard to tell where the high and low ranges are. What does a typical, middle range, wedding photographer go for? It's so hard to tell from a website how good/expensive they will be.

As far as vendor reviews go, they are fantastic resources but it's also really hard to sort through the boards to find one or two.

Anyway, any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated...thank you so much!
    September 25, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your cousin!  If you're starting to look at other options, I would definitely recommend Elizabeth Horne (www.elizabethhornephotography.com).  She is SO nice and easy to work with and she does really amazing work.  She's also pretty reasonably priced as far as Cape photographers go.  PIB if you want to take a look.  GL! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Heather Chick.  I'm really particular about how shots are framed, and she seems to do it well.  She is very new to wedding photography -- this past year was her first full one.  That means that her cost is very reasonable ($2,800 for 10 hours, two photographers, album or digital negatives, etc.). She's based near Attleboro, but she's traveling for my wedding in Brewster.  The travel fee was very reasonable ($75, but not sure if that's standard for her or what).  We haven't even had our engagement session yet, but Heather has an awesome vibe about her -- extremely outgoing and friendly.  I'm super excited to work with her!

I checked out some of the other photographers, but it seemed the minimum was $3,500 for many photographers with upwards of $6,000 for popular Cape photographers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Amanda Considine of Shoreshotz1 Photography. She was excellent and we absolutely love our photos. Her prices are very reasonable and she was flexible with her package for us. Her website is shoreshotz1.com and our wedding is Laurie and Joe if you want to look at some pics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Bob with Cape Cod Digital Photography.  He's affordable and so nice.  I haven't had my wedding yet but so far I would reccomend him!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're using rupert whitely - photojournalist style. He's super reasonable - $3K, unlimited hours, travels for free, rights to all digital images, and discount off an album. website is rjwphoto.com and totally worth checking out (price and packages listed on the site, too, which is nice).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Jeff Turner Photography. He did our wedding. He's amazing!!
  • Options
    jeanne1284jeanne1284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sarahbastill.com.

Amazing to work with, professional, classy. Expensive, but worth it.
  • Options
    ladyhugsladyhugs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We used Bob Perachio with Elegant Bliss.  He's out of Boston.

He's got a great personality and a great style. 
    Some pictures in my Bio :-)

www.elegantBliss.com

• Options
    cdream05cdream05 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are having Amanda Considine do our wedding too!  So far she has been very helpful & a sweetheart!  Def check out her website www.shoreshotz1.com she does amazing work!  We made our own package and she worked with us to fit in our budget!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards