Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

POLL: Hotel booking deadlines

I was just wondering if it's common throughout the Cape to have long lead times for booking hotels.  A couple of places I've looked at require that rooms be booked 3 months ahead of the wedding (or rather, the first night guests will check in, which is the night before).  Brides on my wedding club board seem to have a much shorter lead time (a month before, in some cases).  

Granted, most of our guests are coming from out of town so they will likely want to confirm their plans well in advance, but I just wondered if other Cape Cod & Islands brides have experienced this.  

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
photo by Scott Metzger
kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

Re: POLL: Hotel booking deadlines

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have room blocks at 2 different hotels, one requires the rooms to be booked 1 month before the check-in date (or the day before), and the other is holding the rooms until 1 week prior to the wedding, which I think is unusual.  3 months sounds a little excessive, especially where your wedding is so early!  Mine's the week before the 4th of July so a much busier time for the cape.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, yeah I don't really get it, unless it's because my wedding is so early they're trying to guarantee some bookings, but still... two places I talked to gave a three month deadline, one in Falmouth, one in Bourne.  Maybe the Upper Cape is different, though I wouldn't expect it.  

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just set mine up at the Radisson in Plymouth, as I am doing NYE 2010 so I wanted to make sure it was all set.  The contract states that any rooms not booked by Dec. 1st 2010, will be released, but they said based on availability, they will try to accomodate anyone who is slow to book.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards