Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Vendor Reviews~June Wedding (LONG)

I was married the first weekend in June. These reviews are a bit late, but better late than never. I really appreciated the feedback other brides were giving when they posted their vendor reviews and most of the vendors I chose were on this website with FANTASTIC reviews. I hope that I can help a future bride with these reviews below. I could go on and on about these vendors, if you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will go into further detail for you.

ShoreShotz1 Photography ~ Amanda Considine(A++++)- I found Amanda through a vendor review back in 2009. I went to her website and loved her pictures! They are classic, and fun! Amanda loves what she does and it is very evident in her work. Amanda is not only a photographer she quickly becomes your friend willing to help you with anything you need wedding related or otherwise, Amanda is there for you!  I was specific in certain photos that were important to me and others that were less important and Amanda made sure to stick to what I’d wanted while keeping her creativity present in each photo she took. The day of the wedding Amanda was not only my photographer she became my day of coordinator as well. Amanda laced up my corset dress, brought the corsages to the church and made sure we kept on our day of schedule we’d discussed ahead of time. I LOVE my wedding pictures, and Amanda had all of my proofs available for viewing in less than 3 weeks post ceremony. I know that I will use Amanda for our photographer again in the future, whether it be for family portraits to newborn baby pictures. I can't say enough to do Amanda justice, she is fantastic and so very amazing. Amanda truly has it all.

DJ Danny Walsh (A++) – I was so lucky to secure Danny for our date. He was absolutely amazing to work with!  We met twice and both times he was extremely punctual, professional but friendly at the same time. I wanted a very laid back and “beachy feel” to the music and he delivered that and so much more!  My Husband and I are big Bruins Fans (our wedding took place during the Stanley Cup Finals Series) and at the end of the night Danny played the Bruins goal horn and goal music, it was perfect and such a surprise! What a wonderful way to end such an amazing night! Also, Danny now offers uplighting with his packages. I must tell you that the uplighting was AMAZING! The uplighting made the reception pictures really pop! Some of the pictures with the blue lighting in the background are truly amazing!

The Flying Bridge (A+)- Tyler and Darlene were absolutely wonderful to work with. Darlene was our event coordinator the day of and she really took care of our every need. She was great and provided me with a stress and worry free reception!! I would recommend The Flying Bridge a million times over, again and again!! Everything was beautiful and exactly how I’d envisioned it would turn out. They did an amazing job and provided my family with great memories and FANTASTIC FOOD! I just can’t say enough positive things about this venue.   Sposabella Bridal (A+)- After searching many stores for the “perfect dress” I walked into Sposabella and told Cindy what I had told the other stores (describing the dress I’d wanted) and she responded by saying “I have the perfect dress for you.” And that is what it was, the dress was EXACTLY what I had wanted but couldn’t find anywhere else. We bought our bridesmaid dresses from here as well. Sposabella was very patient with my sisters and I while we were trying to find right BM dress. One of my sisters felt her dress was too tight when she tried it on and they easily let it out for her and it was comfortable for the wedding day.  I will definitely be using them again for event dress shopping in the future. 
Petals By The Sea, Karen Bryden (A)- Karen made the exact bridal bouquet I wanted. I told her that I wanted the darkest blue hydrangea the beginning of June had to offer and she didn’t disappoint. My bouquet was GORGEOUS and it looked stunning in my pictures! Karen had everything boxed nicely and the presentation was beautiful. She even added starfish to the men’s boutonnieres for the pin and it turned out great! The little “beachy”  touches were noticed by many. She also suggested the use of a gardenia when I wanted  stunning flower for my mother, she had an extra one which I was able to use in my hair which MANY people commented on!  South Cape Village Hair & Spa (A+)- I have been going here for 5 years so I obviously chose them to do my hair. They are hidden in the same plaza as Roche Bros. in Mashpee. They did an amazing job on all of the girls in my bridal party, husbands family and myself. Melony, the owner is fantastic and I would definitely recommend them!  Magic Wand Artistry~ Maureen O’Connor (A+)- Maureen made me look beautiful without looking too “done up”. I told Maureen I usually go light on the makeup and I didn’t want to look like I was wearing a mask of makeup. Maureen didn’t disappoint. I looked flawless and I have her to thank for that! If you want Maureen’s contact info, please let me know.  Kerri Spath Invitations(A+) - I found Kerri through another brides vendor reviews on this board last year. She was absolutely wonderful to work with. I am the type of person who needs to have an actual copy of the invitation in my hand before I can go through with the order. Kerri sent me various copies of the invitations throughout the process. She was wonderful to work with and her invitations were  Cape Cod simple and classic. She can be found on Etsy, but if you would like her contact information I can give it to you directly.  Cape Cod Chocolatier (A)- We had chocolate sand dollars and starfish. They added ribbons to match our theme and had stickers printed with our name and date as well. The chocolate was delicious and they looked fantastic on the nautical table the Flying Bridge had set up for us.  The Casual Gourmet (A)- Marcy was fantastic to work with, I can not say enough good things about her! We had to use Casual Gourmet because The Flying Bride contracts them. They delivered the simple, classic and delicious cake my husband and I wanted. It was set up perfectly and the little details really made the cake. From the brown sugar sand surrounding the cake to the Bride and Groom Starfish cake toppers they really took every detail I’d wanted and created a masterpiece. I will be using them again!  KON Limo (B+)- The were on time, professional, affordable and were very easy to contact. The only reason, I gave them  a B+ is because the Limo made almost  a grinding noise when we would make turns. I’ve been in other limos before and have never had this problem so that was a bit interesting.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews~June Wedding (LONG)

• Options
    nicunicu2002nicunicu2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did you have the sit down dinner, or the stations at TFB?
  • Options
    ae311ae311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We did the stations and I am so happy we did! Intially, we'd decided on the sit down dinner but then opted for the stations. We had so many comments on how amazing the food was and how people enjoyed the free flowing type of reception we were able to have with the stations. The only problem I had with the stations was that there were so many and I didn't even make it to all of them!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nicunicu2002nicunicu2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are chosing the stations as well.  did you have anything added to the stations (like the ice cream sundae bar)?  Did you feel like you had plenty of food and did everyone get enough to eat?  thanks so much for the info!
  • Options
    ae311ae311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We added the nacho bar (I love nachos!) It was awesome, and totally worth it. PLENTY of food is an understatement. There was so much to eat, one of the only complaints I had was that people were too full to try all of the stations! It was one of the best decisions we made.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards