Massachusetts-Cape Cod

UGH Vendor Headache

. . Choosing them, I mean.

We have a photographer, cake maker and officiant. . and that's it. Need a deejay, limo, and flowers.

I was going to do Roche Bros for flowers, and has a 2 hour meeting with the coordinator, but when she emailed me the quote, she included mostly flowers that I specified I was not interested in using. Plus it seemed like they had a very small selection of the types of flowes that would be available- mainly roses, gerba daisy and some calla lilies. And the savings over using a smaller flower shop with a wider range of flowers to choose from, to me, was not significant enough to use them.

SO I would love to hear about your fab deejays/limo companies/florists! I'm getting married Sept 24th at White Cliffs in Plymouth. Has anyone gotten married there/booked that venue for this summer? If so, who are you using??

TIA!

Re: UGH Vendor Headache

• shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try:

You should try to choose your DJ asap to make sure you get a good one...5 months is really close (o;  Congrats!!!
  • shimmer6855shimmer6855 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Kon Limo http://www.konlimo.com/
    out of Osterville for the limo - they are reasonably priced and have been very responsive so far.

DJ is 2way Entertainment http://www.2wayentertainment.com/
    Mark is awesome, full of energy & very responsive to all my questions/concerns. I've heard great things about him.

Florist is Wedding Flowers by Nichole.  http://www.weddingflowersbynichole.com/index.html
    She works out of the Bourne Florist.  I have a limited floral budget and was going to do stop & shop but I had a similar experience as you did with Roche Bros, they just didn't seem like the cared or would do a good job. Nichole is very reasonable and is willing to work with your budget.

Hope this helps Smile
    bride and groom 2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I can only help with a DJ...we are using Cape Tunes we're on a waiting list to get Scott but everyone there is pretty awesome! They are very reasonably priced he is professional and is a great help with any questions or concerns.
    GL
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend DJ Jason Mello.  He's DJ'd a few parties I have been to and I knew I wanted him to DJ my wedding. He just DJ'd my wedding shower and everyone loved him!  He is very easy to work with and wants to make sure your day is exactly how you want it. His prices are very good and much more reasonable then a lot of DJ's out there. 
    Check out his website http://jasonmellodj.com/
    Good luck!   :)
  • kerbea08kerbea08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using cape tunes as well!
    As for flowers, I highly recommend CMS Flora out of Pocasset! They are great with budgets, and create beautiful work! They get their flowers directly from the boston flower exchange, so you can get whatever you want!
    And for limo-we are using prolimos out of sandwich...they are very reasonable, and will make as many stops as you need to! HTH :)
  • par31par31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Tom Bruhl for our Dj and have been to a few events where he has been the DJ and he is very entertaining. Not only does he DJ but if you will like he plays some instruments and sings.
  • XmasSweetie24XmasSweetie24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also suggest 2Way Entertainment. I worked with Mark a lot at my previous job and he is GREAT dj but also a really nice, personable and fun person!
    As far as flowers are concerned, I am using Judy from All About Flowers. She is really sweet and had been great to work with so far!
    www.allaboutflowersforweddings.com

Good Luck with everything!
  • edited December 2011
    Most of the dj's above recommended I looked into but unfortunately none of them were available for our wedding (10/9/11) so we looked into Ken Drew and he's been fantastic and easy to work with! He is much older but that's what we were looking for. Someone who's made a career out of this not just a side job, been doing it a long time, and didn't make cheesy announcements. He also was very budget friendly. So far he's been great and his forms are all online easy to use. After the wedding I'll post a formal review but so far (fingers crossed) so good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • winterclassicwinterclassic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what your budget is but I might try getting in touch with the folks at Beat Train productions. They are fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards